Union City High School Boys Team

uctfan

Union City very talented no doubt. My son played AAU ball all summer with Donte and Marcus. I know the Stockdale kid is talented too. It will be interesting to see how they perform when playing a team with 3-4 talented players as well. Probably won't see that in single A until region or substate. I wish UC all the best especially Donte and Marcus. Good young men and good players too.

Union City very talented no doubt. My son played AAU ball all summer with Donte and Marcus. I know the Stockdale kid is talented too. It will be interesting to see how they perform when playing a team with 3-4 talented players as well. Probably won't see that in single A until region or substate. I wish UC all the best especially Donte and Marcus. Good young men and good players too.

You won't have to wait til region or substate to see a team like that. If things go as scheduled we(Halls) come to UC next friday. We have those 3-4 talented players you spoke of. We actually have 5 kids who could go for 20 easily any day of the week. Everyone is overlooking us but I guarantee you that UC having that #1 spot won't be as easy as you all think.

I think u will get more Stockdale than u want!.He is the leading scorer on that team and in my opinion the best player on the floor night in and night out..Simpson and Deberry are great players as well.

Sounds like Stockdale is the real deal in UC. Anyone know how many career points he has at UC? Also, is the new transfer playing yet for UC? I saw where he was injured but wondering if he is back now?

If Stockdale keeps on doing what he is doing he will finish 4th on the all time scoring list at Union City high school..I dont know the exact number he has..But from what I hear he is averging 17.8 and close to 10 boards a game..The kid is so versatile its crazy..He can post you up. .He can hit the mid range shot..He can shoot the 3 ..He is no doubt the smartest player on the floor..His basketball IQ is off the charts and he does it on both ends of the floor..But like I said..Deberry and Simpson are great players as well doing awsome things for that program..As far as the new kid from Ohio who knows!..Ive yet to ser him play because of something is up with his right arm..He hasnt showed he nothing yet.

copenoc...I saw him play in the scrimmage vs McCracken County, Ky....He had 20-plus...He is very smooth to be a soph....Confident in his game...Didn't look to me he liked to play defense as much as offense...Brings another perimeter shooter that teams would have to account for...UC scored over 100 in the scrimmage and it was just like a game as far as time and officials...We are real good without him but very good with him....I will say this...We were up 9-3 on Jax S-S before he went out with the wrist/arm injury and he had 2 pts...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

copenoc...I saw him play in the scrimmage vs McCracken County, Ky....He had 20-plus...He is very smooth to be a soph....Confident in his game...Didn't look to me he liked to play defense as much as offense...Brings another perimeter shooter that teams would have to account for...UC scored over 100 in the scrimmage and it was just like a game as far as time and officials...We are real good without him but very good with him....I will say this...We were up 9-3 on Jax S-S before he went out with the wrist/arm injury and he had 2 pts...

In the scrimmage against McCracken Co. that UC won 100 to 73 he had 34 pts. You're right that defense is the weakest part of his game. That's being worked on. Last week a friend of mine was talking to him and asked what was the biggest difference between basketball here and in Ohio. He said the speed of the game here. He's still getting used to the faster paced game.
  • Upvote 1