South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Moore man against this Helton man)

Roy Dillard

A lot of people are right on here about sp. It goes in cycles. Sometimes you have years that talent level is down (not knocking any present players). Also politics does play into small town ball. We had a long run at MC and when Colquette left politics played into coaching hires and it snowballed. We had some good players some years but didn't in others. I went to the Bell Co game and was shocked to hear fans dogging Coach Moore out. I hate to lose just like anybody else but when it's 15 & 16 yr old kids out there we need to step back and remember that. As a Warrior fan I do want to beat sp every year but personally that's not what I hang my hat on this year. I want a rematch with Trousdale. We were at a disadvantage last year with all that crap with the coaches and the kids never had a chance. Most of my friends feel the same about wanting Trousdale. Hang in there pirates. Gotta take the good with the bad.

You want to know why kids stand on the sideline? Come to practice, see their attitude, and you will post. "Why are these kids on the team? "

We as Pirates, need to stop looking at past teams because they can't help you now.

#9 needs to get tough and fast. Secondary needs to learn to tackle, looks like they are afraid to hit.

Bump

We are sitting at 2-3 right now. We almost lost to Whitwell last night. We put 60+ on Sale Creek. How bad are they? Poor kids. Lookout Valley is win #3. I would think this week coming up against Grundy is the next best chance for another win. After that on paper they have a shot against winless Boyd and Polk teams. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

A lot of people are right on here about sp. It goes in cycles. Sometimes you have years that talent level is down (not knocking any present players). Also politics does play into small town ball. We had a long run at MC and when Colquette left politics played into coaching hires and it snowballed. We had some good players some years but didn't in others. I went to the Bell Co game and was shocked to hear fans dogging Coach Moore out. I hate to lose just like anybody else but when it's 15 & 16 yr old kids out there we need to step back and remember that. As a Warrior fan I do want to beat sp every year but personally that's not what I hang my hat on this year. I want a rematch with Trousdale. We were at a disadvantage last year with all that crap with the coaches and the kids never had a chance. Most of my friends feel the same about wanting Trousdale. Hang in there pirates. Gotta take the good with the bad.

That was a positive and bi-partisan post. Very well said. It's good to know that there are folks like you still around. Who have a sense of respect and honor. For the kids, and for what the coahes have to go through. I appreciate you sir. Our Pirates have to make more plays. On both sides of the ball. There is still much to salvage from this season. Now , go Pirates !

• Upvote 1

I like whitwells style and grit. At the end the game their players were crying. That tells me several things. They believe in themselves and put in 110% effort to win, not to lose. I hope they do well the rest of the season. As for the Pirates. They are down and everyone outside of the town is absolutely loving it. Some keep talking about Halloween night. Sounds to me it's the same up the road as it always has been. Their championship game is the rivalry game. If the warriors don't start setting their goals higher they will never be the top dawg in the valley again...just saying. I wish all valley teams well, always will. Back to SP. Listen. I am beginning to see some things, and I hope I'm wrong. Politics and small town football is not a good combination. It needs to end. I'm not saying people haven't earned their stripes, but I know of 4 boys that need to be in the mix or the bread and butter of next years team will be playing for another team.

Thanks for the comment about our players. I agree Coach Helton has brought a new attitude to the program. The most important thing is the parents and players have bought into it and believe they can win. We had over 400 yards of offense last night. It was not SP being so awful, maybe we should give credit to number 10, 7, 21, 43, 5, 18, and the offensive line for their performance. We are Whitwell and darn proud of it!!

It was a more powerful word used where darn was inserted by the computer.

Edited by Bill#49

Good thing for punt return for td and fumble return......lol. As bad as the tiger offense was, I figured that sp would get the victory but not by a couple of fortunate plays. Can't wait till Halloween night, it's gonna be a fun game.

Old Pirate says the Pirates obviously are not clicking as a team. OP stated early in the season this group has to rely on team work, that includes coaches. Coach Tim was dealt a tough hand when forced to deal with coaching/teacher shake up just weeks before the season. The offensive scheme is certainly not what OP thought coach Tim and staff would turn to. Enough said bout that mess. Now to address TTP-Truth that let's lying lips take control of the keyboard. There still is an unanswered question, "Does the Truth support the robbing/raising/paying of the little league to pay high school coaches bonuses" You sir, are on the witness stand, raise your right hand, is the testimony you are about to give be the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Edited by OLD PIRATE

Thanks for the comment about our players. I agree Coach Helton has brought a new attitude to the program. The most important thing is the parents and players have bought into it and believe they can win. We had over 400 yards of offense last night. It was not SP being so awful, maybe we should give credit to number 10, 7, 21, 43, 5, 18, and the offensive line for their performance. We are Whitwell and darn proud of it!!

Old Pirate says the coach is out of era, he belongs on Mississippi River as a river boat gambler. BTW, was your time at Jasper, a witness to taking $ from the little fellers? Coach Ken was heavily involved but his bonuses came from the Big Boys Brown,Hale,Cameron,Kelly and host of others?

yes, credit is due to the team, community and coaches

Keep playing hard. MTC is next and they are a very good team that uses that hurry up offense

Old Pirate says the Pirates obviously are not clicking as a team. OP stated early in the season this group has to rely on team work, that includes coaches. Coach Tim was dealt a tough hand when forced to deal with coaching/teacher shake up just weeks before the season. The offensive scheme is certainly not what OP thought coach Tim and staff would turn to. Enough said bout that mess. Now to address TTP-Truth that let's lying lips to take control off the keyboard. There still is an unanswered question, "Does the Truth support the robbing/raising/paying of the little league to pay high school coaches bonuses" You sir, are on the witness stand, raise your right hand, is the testimony you are about to give be the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Now old pirate you know that truth prevails ain't going to answer that question. He was the one on here last year accusing all kinds of people of painting that McCurry mans fieldhouse until that Burnett man found out who did it. I wish them Marion people would give them little fellars their money back. Them boys could use some new equipment. You think im joking but im not.