South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Moore man against this Helton man)

Roy Dillard

Roy,

I just got clear of work so sadly I'm not going to make it. I will bring you a burger, hot dog, and a soda when Boyd comes to town. You should bring your Murphy's pole And yes I'll be wearing a CGR hat and shirt.

Roy,

I just got clear of work so sadly I'm not going to make it. I will bring you a burger, hot dog, and a soda when Boyd comes to town. You should bring your Murphy's pole And yes I'll be wearing a CGR hat and shirt.

What kind of mess is this? I stopped by Ingles on my way to that Helton mans field and bought extra fudge rounds for you and you didn't even show up.  What kind of mess is this?  I don't want no durn burger or hot dog.  I just eat fudge rounds and drink red bulls at the games and look at my Murphy Fair book.   You think im joking but im not.

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on the "W" and tip of the cap to WHITWELL. Good game for those who want to just watch a game . But what in tarnation is going on with the Pirate offense? Just what in the world is a 5 ft freshman WR doing in the game all night? What's wrong with #5 ? Where is offensive imagination? Where is any sort of open field tacklers? Suit the skillet slinger up and she could make some miss. Heck OP needs some "Rose Colored Glasses" and willing to pay top dollar for a couple of pairs! Sad day when the Pirates can only score 2 offensive TDs against an improved but not a very good tiger team. What a HEEP of mess!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Not this year Tigers!

Pirates win 29-28

A win is a win but my how the mighty has fallen.

Good thing for punt return for td and fumble return......lol. As bad as the tiger offense was, I figured that sp would get the victory but not by a couple of fortunate plays. Can't wait till Halloween night, it's gonna be a fun game.

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on the "W" and tip of the cap to WHITWELL. Good game for those who want to just watch a game . But what in tarnation is going on with the Pirate offense? Just what in the world is a 5 ft freshman WR doing in the game all night? What's wrong with #5 ? Where is offensive imagination? Where is any sort of open field tacklers? Suit the skillet slinger up and she could make some miss. Heck OP needs some "Rose Colored Glasses" and willing to pay top dollar for a couple of pairs! Sad day when the Pirates can only score 2 offensive TDs against an improved but not a very good tiger team. What a HEEP of mess!

14 has earned his spot on the field..fact is he is one of the few players that can catch the ball consistently...I agree 5 should be in the game somewhere..I've always said at the back spot and out 9 at wr and we are a better team...12 needs touches too....we don't have much talent and speed this year, but what we do have needs to be on the field I agree op. Maybe we are holding out for playoffs but as Jim mora said...playoffs? You wanna talk about playoffs? I just hope we win a game!

I like whitwells style and grit. At the end the game their players were crying. That tells me several things. They believe in themselves and put in 110% effort to win, not to lose. I hope they do well the rest of the season. As for the Pirates. They are down and everyone outside of the town is absolutely loving it. Some keep talking about Halloween night. Sounds to me it's the same up the road as it always has been. Their championship game is the rivalry game. If the warriors don't start setting their goals higher they will never be the top dawg in the valley again...just saying. I wish all valley teams well, always will. Back to SP. Listen. I am beginning to see some things, and I hope I'm wrong. Politics and small town football is not a good combination. It needs to end. I'm not saying people haven't earned their stripes, but I know of 4 boys that need to be in the mix or the bread and butter of next years team will be playing for another team.