Crockett at Dobyns-Bennett.

tennesseestud2013

King had a great game and your question is one that GC will have the final word on.To me, our running back situation is something like we had when Justin was the man and Chris was coming up.There were times that one or the other was hurt and it was very important to have them both.When Chris was the man we had to call on young Swafford to step in because of an injury. In other words, we need both our fine runners equally at this point.The biggest break away threat at DB has not even had a carry on friday nights.The 9th grade fans seen that against SH and South.The position is high on ego but at any time you may need to go four or five deep because of injuries. NOW, after all the smoke screen, I'll tell you what Batman's opinion is on King Russell getting more carries.Should he ? Apparently king works hard in practice and has earned the right to be out there, so I would say Yes, feed the beast !

Like to know who the Freshman is?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is out right now but can run like the wind on kickoff returns and behind a good lead block " with the smallest of openings", he has been out of sight for the 9th.They have tried him at a couple of other places on the varsity, but he is absolutely white lightning with the ball . I like him as another running back or special teams return man.He might become a fine linebacker or even a lineman if they put 200 pounds on him, but he has that natural speed that can be a difference maker down the road and those don't come along every day.

Final scores in games like this are hard to predict, because DB will not play the starters in the 2nd half.    DB is a class act and they do not intentionally run up the score on other teams.    DB could score 100 if they wanted to.     So a more accurate way to predict a score is to go with halftime.   

Therefore I am going with Waco's favorite score, 44-0.      The final might be something like 61-13 but that's just a guess

He is out right now but can run like the wind on kickoff returns and behind a good lead block " with the smallest of openings", he has been out of sight for the 9th.They have tried him at a couple of other places on the varsity, but he is absolutely white lightning with the ball . I like him as another running back or special teams return man.He might become a fine linebacker or even a lineman if they put 200 pounds on him, but he has that natural speed that can be a difference maker down the road and those don't come along every day.

uh.....say what?

I think the mix with Russell and Thompson is about right. Probably will depend on the situation as to who gets the most carries. Both looked very good against SC. The real thing to worry about is the DB defense. Aside from a couple of timely stops they couldn't even slow Sevier Co. down. We know the secondary is going to be weak. That's now a DB tradition. But I thought we had a run defense. Looked very weak there Thursday night also. Bearden (maybe the worst team in 6A) gave up 38 points to SC, DB gave up 41. Just to put it in perspective. Yes, I'm sounding the alarm.

In the 3 games that we have played teams that were competitive we have give up 78 points. We were lucky to only give up that much considering we have had 6 picks and 2 fumbles in those 3 games. SC called off the dogs off on BHS in the first game so that can't be a measuring stick. Bend but don't break had been the philosophy of the DB coordinator since I've been watching. D has come up big in 1st and 4th games when needed and was actually good in the EH game after first score. Always helps to have ur DC on the field.

In the 3 games that we have played teams that were competitive we have give up 78 points. We were lucky to only give up that much considering we have had 6 picks and 2 fumbles in those 3 games. SC called off the dogs off on BHS in the first game so that can't be a measuring stick. Bend but don't break had been the philosophy of the DB coordinator since I've been watching. D has come up big in 1st and 4th games when needed and was actually good in the EH game after first score. Always helps to have ur DC on the field.

"Bend but don't break" I've never understood that exactly. As a philosophy, wouldn't just stopping them with three and outs make more sense?  If you win with the "bent but don't break" philosophy it's usually because the other team kept shooting themselves in the foot after driving down field.