Moore Co. vs Fayetteville

derFuhrer

From what our coaches told us it was a neck injury. The young man was carried off with EMTs.

Fayetteville should not have lost to Moore County this year. There is just no excuse for it.

First I want to send prayers out to the young man that was injured tonight from Fayetteville City.

Sure was a lot of trash talk about how horrible Moore County is this year. Our boys face many adversities this week. And tonight they not only had to beat Fayetteville City, but those referees too. And that they DID!!! QB#11 has a history with our Raiders. And our #17 definitely let him know we were there to win. As for the comment on our RB...#21 I think tonight he showed why he is the hit man. What a homecoming for Fayetteville City. Great Night to be a Raider

@79raider97--apparently our player went in on the tackle and hit helmet to helmet.  I think he suffered a neck stinger, but had full mobility and was released from the hospital that night.  He may be out a couple of weeks pending release.  Thank God for that.  It gave us all a scare, similar to what happened last year to one of our players, I think against Eagleville, but he was out the remainder of the season.   Prayers were answered, thanks to all for that.  Your RB #21 is a strong back, several times he had two or three of our guys on him and he would still lumber forward for yards in a big scrum.  I guess our boys haven't figured out how to tackle his legs and get him down.

@TheAmbassador--I agree 110%, Fayetteville should not have lost this game.  Blame it on execution (or lack of it), immaturity, or intensity (or lack of it), but Fayetteville was not in the game to win it.  I speak from a fan's point of view, which is always going to expect success on the field whether or not the kids actually playing can execute the plays and the game plan the coaches have.  The problem with having high expectations is that these teenagers are the ones on the field playing the game.  We can cuss and mope and second-guess all we want, ultimately it's those young men who are performing that have to get it in their heads they want to succeed and win.  Moore Co.'s players were motivated, and they didn't let up under pressure.  They played like it was a big-time rivalry. 

As for playing against the referees, well, I have to admit it seemed like they missed a lot of (obvious to us in the stands) calls.  Both ways, to be fair.  But the incident that resulted in the coach getting kicked out was ridiculous.  This from our stands:  Moore Co. fourth and two in the red zone.  QB or RB gets the first down to about the five, knocked out of bounds around the five.  Don't know what the call or missed call was, but MC coach mouthing to the ref.  Personal foul, 15 yds.  Another coach mouthing, penalty, another 15,  Another, and another 15.  Ended up first and goal from the Moore Co. 47 yard line. 

This from the guys on the chain gang that were on the MC sideline.  The stats coach arguing with ref about calls during most of the game.  Fan(s) behind the track fence and close to the goal line cursing, yelling "We're gonna kill you MFs", etc.  They asked the ref to send a security officer to their side for protection.  Apparently that person moved, but the superintendent of schools and the principal were in front of the fan, so when the ref went to throw the fan out, he also threw them out.  Then the MC coach kept telling the ref something about "Are you going to throw me out?" and he did, but he wasn't leaving the field.  That's when the PA announcer called for security to the visitor's side.  He finally walked off, through the end zone, but returned to the field after the game was over and was beside his player's line for the end of game handshakes. 

After the game, I admit I was irritated at the disrespect the Moore Co. fans and players showed us, and all they did was walk onto our field, and they stood there, chatting, enjoying the result, like it was their home field.  I don't think I've ever been to a game, win or lose, where the visitors walked across the field, and not on the track around it.  It was just odd and really got my goat.  Maybe it was embarrassing.   I'll say this, if there wasn't the beginnings of a rivalry before this, us fans surely think there is one now.  Now it's up to the kids to take it to heart.  We have to put this game behind us and get ready for a tough Wayne County team coming in on Friday.  Got to play and execute much better to keep it respectable and give ourselves a chance to win.  Go Tigers!

@79raider97--apparently our player went in on the tackle and hit helmet to helmet. I think he suffered a neck stinger, but had full mobility and was released from the hospital that night. He may be out a couple of weeks pending release. Thank God for that. It gave us all a scare, similar to what happened last year to one of our players, I think against Eagleville, but he was out the remainder of the season. Prayers were answered, thanks to all for that. Your RB #21 is a strong back, several times he had two or three of our guys on him and he would still lumber forward for yards in a big scrum. I guess our boys haven't figured out how to tackle his legs and get him down.

@TheAmbassador--I agree 110%, Fayetteville should not have lost this game. Blame it on execution (or lack of it), immaturity, or intensity (or lack of it), but Fayetteville was not in the game to win it. I speak from a fan's point of view, which is always going to expect success on the field whether or not the kids actually playing can execute the plays and the game plan the coaches have. The problem with having high expectations is that these teenagers are the ones on the field playing the game. We can cuss and mope and second-guess all we want, ultimately it's those young men who are performing that have to get it in their heads they want to succeed and win. Moore Co.'s players were motivated, and they didn't let up under pressure. They played like it was a big-time rivalry.

As for playing against the referees, well, I have to admit it seemed like they missed a lot of (obvious to us in the stands) calls. Both ways, to be fair. But the incident that resulted in the coach getting kicked out was ridiculous. This from our stands: Moore Co. fourth and two in the red zone. QB or RB gets the first down to about the five, knocked out of bounds around the five. Don't know what the call or missed call was, but MC coach mouthing to the ref. Personal foul, 15 yds. Another coach mouthing, penalty, another 15, Another, and another 15. Ended up first and goal from the Moore Co. 47 yard line.

This from the guys on the chain gang that were on the MC sideline. The stats coach arguing with ref about calls during most of the game. Fan(s) behind the track fence and close to the goal line cursing, yelling "We're gonna kill you MFs", etc. They asked the ref to send a security officer to their side for protection. Apparently that person moved, but the superintendent of schools and the principal were in front of the fan, so when the ref went to throw the fan out, he also threw them out. Then the MC coach kept telling the ref something about "Are you going to throw me out?" and he did, but he wasn't leaving the field. That's when the PA announcer called for security to the visitor's side. He finally walked off, through the end zone, but returned to the field after the game was over and was beside his player's line for the end of game handshakes.

After the game, I admit I was irritated at the disrespect the Moore Co. fans and players showed us, and all they did was walk onto our field, and they stood there, chatting, enjoying the result, like it was their home field. I don't think I've ever been to a game, win or lose, where the visitors walked across the field, and not on the track around it. It was just odd and really got my goat. Maybe it was embarrassing. I'll say this, if there wasn't the beginnings of a rivalry before this, us fans surely think there is one now. Now it's up to the kids to take it to heart. We have to put this game behind us and get ready for a tough Wayne County team coming in on Friday. Got to play and execute much better to keep it respectable and give ourselves a chance to win. Go Tigers!

Varo--- I know it doesnt really matter at this point but there never was a single curse word said that night. I was standing there and heard every word. I can not speak for the first half but when everything occured there was no reason for your chain gang to be scared... As from what i saw there were many calls that did not got as should. But as for FC's team, they are as athletic as ive seen. No doubt in my mind with another QB and coaches you guys would not be touched!!!

Edited by Mc1996