Moore Co. vs Fayetteville

derFuhrer

True tiger fans will always be a part of Tiger Nation!!!! Last week, we didn't show up until the 2nd half. It was our game to lose and we did....to be fair, after the scoreboard went out at the beginning of the 4th quarter, it was confusing and a mess!!!!

Edited by bballbaby

As I recall, this game had some scoreboard play clock issues last year?

Fayetteville led Moore 7-6 at the half,  the only scoring in the 2nd half was a blocked punt for a safety and Moore escaped with an 8-7 victory.

I'll be rooting for Fayetteville City in this one. I think playing at home on Tiger Hill will be a difference maker.

Glad to see you back Varo. I haven't spoken with you since last year. What's wrong with Fayetteville? Every player coming back so I was expecting more.

Thanks!  It's good to be back from a self-imposed vacation after we got pitch-slapped by South Pittsburgh in the third round last year.  Our Tigers accomplished wonderful things in their first varsity year, kinda set the bar high, but I'm convinced this year's team has the ability and talent to match that height, and with a little luck, pass it.  So, the initial disappointment of the game vs SP has faded away, and I didn't want to come out this year like some Freshman punk running his mouth with nothing to back it up.  Three games into the season already behind us, this Fayetteville City team can do it.  We lost eight seniors from last year's squad, all producers and almost all impact players on both sides of the ball.  This year we have three seniors playing, but the QB and RB positions have been effectively replaced.  And, we are top heavy with seven Juniors who have played every year.  Add to that a small group of Freshmen and Sophomores that can contribute.

One player to watch out for is #17 freshman Lex Marsh.  What little action he's seen he's been poised in the pocket, smart enough to look for open receivers and not try to force anything.  Last year our QB relied on his athleticism to get him out of trouble, and it mostly worked, but we had decent blocking for him too.

The Richland game we showed some offense and our defense took advantage of a weak opponent.  Lots of penetration into their backfield and several sacks, one for a safety.  A defensive interception for a forty yard + run back TD by our 5' 5" #3 Tra Emmons finished the scoring.  He picked off another for a TD against Community.  Opposing teams drool when they see him but they haven't been able to get the ball to the receivers he's covering.  He has a great vertical jump and good timing to break up passes.

Losing to MTCS last week was frustrating to say the least;  we didn't take control and dominate like we should have.  But that's not to say MTCS didn't hang in there to take the win.  They did what they had to do and we didn't.  Moving on to tonight's re-match against Moore Co., the boys are talking that it's do or die trying, a hallmark of Coach Palmer's teams.  It's been loose but focused at practice, Tonight's result will better show what kind of team we'll have this year.  All things being equal, Fayetteville should win at home.  DerFuhrer asked why wasn't this a rivalry game.  Well, it can be.  Last year's 8-7 loss to them was our first meeting.  We already play them tough in boy's and girl's basketball, baseball I'm not sure of.  After tonight, there will be more fuel to the fire to make this into a heated rivalry. 

Fayetteville had some fast kids last year. Smaller and shorter RBs. They were single digit numbers. Don't they play?

Yes, they play, and play hard.  We have some new little fellers too.  Must be something in the water here, they just don't grow South Pittsburg big.  In our three games so far, only one team tried kicking off deep to us.  We ran it back 80 yards for a Touchdown.  Go figure. 

Yes, they play, and play hard. We have some new little fellers too. Must be something in the water here, they just don't grow South Pittsburg big. In our three games so far, only one team tried kicking off deep to us. We ran it back 80 yards for a Touchdown. Go figure.

I have to go with Fayetteville and the speed. I see this one being fairly close up until mid third quarter and then Fayetteville pulling away.