Week 5: Ooltewah at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

Science Hill this year, is like when DB had foreman at QB.  SH is a great team don't get me wrong, but McGue and his elusiveness is what makes their offense so great.  Same with Foreman, buying time, making things happen.   When your QB is one of the fastest if not the fastest on the field, and you have some weapons to throw to......that combo can make a high school team awesome.

Agreed. SH lucked up with McGue. Thankful the kid didn't want to be an Indian like his pops was.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many times I looked up for a replay and got blinded by a commercial instead.Come on man, those bright adds right before a play as if anyone not paying for an add gives a shet.We have got to square that away .Either cut down the pine trees so traffic can see the commercials when there isn't a game or cut down the jumbo and move it out to I 81 .It's like an animal in the zoo that needs ro be set free to it's natural habitat.

Just read where the Ooltewah QB went 23-37 for 347 yrds. and had 5td's.

But hey, we've got a nice stadium with a big screen. Don't need a defense if you've got that. :rolleyes:

Waco Jaco . your O line was big and the best we have seen so far. 24 and 5 were studs.you were 8 pts away from getting crowned for scoring on my defense. It was all about my offense and they proved that they can score at a high level . But in the end my defense may bend but don't break but made the final defensive stance to seal the deal.#LOP #goOwls

Waco Jaco . your O line was big and the best we have seen so far. 24 and 5 were studs.you were 8 pts away from getting crowned for scoring on my defense. It was all about my offense and they proved that they can score at a high level . But in the end my defense may bend but don't break but made the final defensive stance to seal the deal.#LOP #goOwls

Im not taking anything away from your offense but this is what we've been seeing from our secondary for a long time now. Even against average quarterbacks. And it's getting worse. A lot worse. We can't cover anybody now. I can't lay the blame on the players because they change year to year. DB has very good athletes playing in the secondary but results are the same every year. Very poor coaching on the defense side. It's a shame to waste all the talent.

I said when we didn't kick the long field goal at the end.Coach doesn't want to get beat by a point.After the Owl stand with first and goal at the 5, most everyone agreed in the stands that you have to kick it and hope for a stand .GC probably figured the Owls would score quick and we would probably have another chance to kick for the win anyway. Atleast that's what I was thinking at the time.There were many more things that made a huge difference. The hold on the 80 yarder and a missed field goal.Before we throw the secondary under the bus completely, Josh had a great game.So much that they tried to take him out.How about our pick 6 as well.It's a team sport and several plays or no plays by guys all over the field had an impact. Who was responsible for blocking number 5.That could have been several different guys job during the game.I bet he broke the stadium tackle record or atleast came very close.

One difference I saw last night was that the Owls' O Line was bigger and stronger than our D Line. Their QB had all night to throw the ball. It's difficult to cover receivers for that long. For that matter, the entire Owls offense was bigger than our defense. Hard fought game, but I guess size does matter after all.

you cant expect your DB's to cover WRs for longer than 3 seconds. If the qb has longer than that then someone is going to be open