Week 5: Ooltewah at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to an ole feller that helped coach "a sport' at DB and still works the games .As i was leaving an area store he shook his head and we both said it at same time " the coaches lost this game ! Anybody can say "but the deffense should have stopped them" ...the way i look at it Is when a team kicks a field goal with 5min to go to be up 6 it brings new life to the team thats down by 6 because they know they have a chance ..simply momentuim and thats where and when it swung to the owls favor and when that happend our young deffense didnt have a chance !! i think the coaches needed to have a little more faith in the "o" especially with this young d !!

.. ok now lets move on :).. congrads owls !!

Edited by kingindian33

I know some of you have to keep it close to the vest. It's not just this game, it's every game. At least every game where we play a good team. You can pick out a good play here and there but I'm talking about DB's overall approach on defense. The defense is not even in the same area code with the defense of the Watson years. He brought pressure on the quarterback no matter how good or how big the offensive line was.  We have receivers running wide open 75% of the game every game. It's been that way for 10 years now and it's not going to change. I never heard one Owl fan mention anything about their QB being great or anything above average. Actually I can't remember him being mentioned. He was 23-37 for 347 yrds. and 5tds. WTF! I can't find a DB fan that thinks maybe something ain't right here? The offense was fine. Actually better than fine. 35 points should be plenty to win a game against anybody if you even have a decent defense. I sort of question Clarks play calling a few times when they got down inside the 10 but if the defense had held up their end it never would of been a factor. Hoping for a freak snow storm October 31 :huh:

My last time about the defense. We have 2 starters on the field this year on defense that started last year (#4 and #85) and #85 is playing a new position. Yes some others got minutes but way young on D. Coach Watson was a good coach and is definitely missed, my boy loved playing for him and coach D got the best out of him. We simply don't have the numbers, experience or size we typically have, especially if we're gonna play 22. My issue is that we scouted them and found out they were a big screen team and we must have given up 200yds in screen passes, seems like we're having trouble taking the coaching to the field which will happen with inexperience.

I talked to an ole feller that helped coach "a sport' at DB and still works the games .As i was leaving an area store he shook his head and we both said it at same time " the coaches lost this game ! Anybody can say "but the deffense should have stopped them" ...the way i look at it Is when a team kicks a field goal with 5min to go to be up 6 it brings new life to the team thats down by 6 because they know they have a chance ..simply momentuim and thats where and when it swung to the owls favor and when that happend our young deffense didnt have a chance !! i think the coaches needed to have a little more faith in the "o" especially with this young d !!

.. ok now lets move on :).. congrads owls !!

THANK YOU SIR...YOU JUST RAN INTO A BETTER TEAM...PERIOD...YES THAT WAS THE MOST POINTS SCORED ON MY DEFENSE...BUT 4 STRAIGHT 3  AND OUTS??? THAT'S A DEFENSIVE STANCE WHEN THE GAME WAS ON THE LINE....#LOP