Week 5: Ooltewah at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

Im not taking anything away from your offense but this is what we've been seeing from our secondary for a long time now. Even against average quarterbacks. And it's getting worse. A lot worse. We can't cover anybody now. I can't lay the blame on the players because they change year to year. DB has very good athletes playing in the secondary but results are the same every year. Very poor coaching on the defense side. It's a shame to waste all the talent.

They played good early but speed took over.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said when we didn't kick the long field goal at the end.Coach doesn't want to get beat by a point.After the Owl stand with first and goal at the 5, most everyone agreed in the stands that you have to kick it and hope for a stand .GC probably figured the Owls would score quick and we would probably have another chance to kick for the win anyway. Atleast that's what I was thinking at the time.There were many more things that made a huge difference. The hold on the 80 yarder and a missed field goal.Before we throw the secondary under the bus completely, Josh had a great game.So much that they tried to take him out.How about our pick 6 as well.It's a team sport and several plays or no plays by guys all over the field had an impact. Who was responsible for blocking number 5.That could have been several different guys job during the game.I bet he broke the stadium tackle record or atleast came very close.

what's the record? Hey DB still played a heck of a game. #5 is just unguardable.

I said when we didn't kick the long field goal at the end.Coach doesn't want to get beat by a point.After the Owl stand with first and goal at the 5, most everyone agreed in the stands that you have to kick it and hope for a stand .GC probably figured the Owls would score quick and we would probably have another chance to kick for the win anyway. Atleast that's what I was thinking at the time.There were many more things that made a huge difference. The hold on the 80 yarder and a missed field goal.Before we throw the secondary under the bus completely, Josh had a great game.So much that they tried to take him out.How about our pick 6 as well.It's a team sport and several plays or no plays by guys all over the field had an impact. Who was responsible for blocking number 5.That could have been several different guys job during the game.I bet he broke the stadium tackle record or atleast came very close.

I know some of you have to keep it close to the vest. It's not just this game, it's every game. At least every game where we play a good team. You can pick out a good play here and there but I'm talking about DB's overall approach on defense. The defense is not even in the same area code with the defense of the Watson years. He brought pressure on the quarterback no matter how good or how big the offensive line was.  We have receivers running wide open 75% of the game every game. It's been that way for 10 years now and it's not going to change. I never heard one Owl fan mention anything about their QB being great or anything above average. Actually I can't remember him being mentioned. He was 23-37 for 347 yrds. and 5tds. WTF! I can't find a DB fan that thinks maybe something ain't right here? The offense was fine. Actually better than fine. 35 points should be plenty to win a game against anybody if you even have a decent defense. I sort of question Clarks play calling a few times when they got down inside the 10 but if the defense had held up their end it never would of been a factor. Hoping for a freak snow storm October 31 :huh:

Hey our signal caller is a stud.he has been playing lights out all season.what I was concerned wit was how many points scored on my defense when we pride ourselves in stopping the run and pass.

but we made a stand when we needed to in the end

That game is over and you ran into a better team overall which will help both teams in the end. I enjoyed the high scoring game as far as entertainment. Something we were not used to if you look at the points we gave up before DB game.good luck

It was a great game.I don't know how many times that I was ask during the game how I thought it would end.My answer was the same (it's anyone's game) until DB failed to drive the field after giving the last quick score ,which by the way was the only chance DB had ( giving up a touchdown really fast to get the ball back )

I know some of you have to keep it close to the vest. It's not just this game, it's every game. At least every game where we play a good team. You can pick out a good play here and there but I'm talking about DB's overall approach on defense. The defense is not even in the same area code with the defense of the Watson years. He brought pressure on the quarterback no matter how good or how big the offensive line was. We have receivers running wide open 75% of the game every game. It's been that way for 10 years now and it's not going to change. I never heard one Owl fan mention anything about their QB being great or anything above average. Actually I can't remember him being mentioned. He was 23-37 for 347 yrds. and 5tds. WTF! I can't find a DB fan that thinks maybe something ain't right here? The offense was fine. Actually better than fine. 35 points should be plenty to win a game against anybody if you even have a decent defense. I sort of question Clarks play calling a few times when they got down inside the 10 but if the defense had held up their end it never would of been a factor. Hoping for a freak snow storm October 31 :huh:

Catfish was the best at in-game adjustments. Many opponents would score on their initial possession...then Catfish shut em down.