Wayne Co at Fayetteville

wildcat89

I know you guys have a little different situation (because of the injuries), but you have 1 similarity with us. At what point does a coach say, "sorry about us putting 80-90 points up on you guys but I have to let my starters play more than a half"? Seriously, how do you get in game shape for a 2nd or 3rd round playoff game if you are only playing 1/2 a game all through the season? Unless someone is a lot better than they have shown so far, we are only going to be challenged by East Nashville and maybe Clarksville Academy before the playoffs.

Coach Rice has never been one to run the score up on any team, that's why when WC is having a good year you don't see any outrageous scores. WC subs on offense and defense early and often. As for making the deep runs in the playoffs, you gotta have your backups game ready also. The way you do that is by playing them throughout the year. You can't make a deep run relying on your starters alone, at some point depth becomes an issue. Congratulations on your teams season, hope to see y'all in the playoffs!

They will have to score a lot more than last week to stay within seven.

I agree that they will have to score more than they did last week to stay within 7. However, I'm concerned with their style of offense and team speed with basically our JV defense. PC really ran two or three plays and had no real threat of the pass. I watched some of the last film of their game against MC and we are going to have to tackle good in space. They are going to try to get the ball to the skill guys in space and we will have to tackle and contain well.

Think about this. What will this game tell us? There was a lot of hype surrounding Fayetteville before last Friday night but they got beat at home by MC. The cats dominated MC. Against the cats was MC off their game that night or was Fayetteville off and MC played lights out last week?

The world is full of would of, could of, and should of. I don't really care about my above post. I'm just tying to make conversation on a slow board. Can't wait until Friday night!!!!GO CATS!!!!'nnnnn

Think about this. What will this game tell us? There was a lot of hype surrounding Fayetteville before last Friday night but they got beat at home by MC. The cats dominated MC. Against the cats was MC off their game that night or was Fayetteville off and MC played lights out last week?

The world is full of would of, could of, and should of. I don't really care about my above post. I'm just tying to make conversation on a slow board. Can't wait until Friday night!!!!GO CATS!!!!'nnnnn

yep u got it as bad as i do...been looking all day on here ...nothing new  .....is it friday yet.........i kinda want wc to be tested again to get ready for ca but on the other hand i kinda like seeing our starters on the sidelines for the second half...nahhhh im ready for some nail-biting football..........wc on top of course.......GO CATS

yep u got it as bad as i do...been looking all day on here ...nothing new .....is it friday yet.........i kinda want wc to be tested again to get ready for ca but on the other hand i kinda like seeing our starters on the sidelines for the second half...nahhhh im ready for some nail-biting football..........wc on top of course.......GO CATS

Playing these younger boys is really paying off, they're doing great! Love the intensity they play with!

Playing these younger boys is really paying off, they're doing great! Love the intensity they play with!

oh yea i know the kids are loving it .the younger guys are doing great and it will only help us in the end...........but i kinda would like to see us play 4 qtrs of smashmouth football.......im just ready to see us play with our "starters" healthy to see what were capable of..i dont thik weve seen the potential of this team yet

Edited by wboro33

Fayetteville has some athletes but no depth. None. Not as good as last years team which really started playing good toward end of season. WC should have no problem.

Fayetteville will be playing hard to redeem their performance against Moore Co.... Depending on WC's ball control will determine if this game is close or if WC pulls it out handily.... Fayetteville will no doubt bring it this week. Will it be enough is totally up to WC... The Wildcats should win this one.

Big, I agree FHS will up the intensity on Friday when the 'Cats come to town.  Our boys left last week with a nasty taste in their mouths, and are pumped to show how good they can be.  We scored 97 points and gave up 21 in our first two games, gave up 42 and only scored 23 in the last two.  The Tiger fans are pumped too, ready to see what we can do against a good WC team coming to Tiger Hill.  The last couple of games between the two programs have been pretty exciting, but WC has managed to pull out the wins.  That will change Friday.  Our turnover numbers are low, takeaways are high.  We will score on you, on the ground and through the air.  Our defense scores also, though it didn't last week against Moore.  MTCS has an awesome quarterback, but we were in his face pressuring him the whole game.  Same same on Friday.  Rice is a potentially great QB, but we will be bringing the heat.  And, I hope our blocking and tackling gets better so we can cancel out your ground game.  It would be stupid to say it will be a blowout, but I'm predicting a win for Fayetteville by 14. C'mon, we'll leave the lights on for ya!