Big Games in Memphis - Week 5

kwc

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people that are picking Ridgeway must know something we Whitehaven folks don't know... The Roadrunners aren't the favorite. They don't have a better coaching staff and they don't have a BETTER TEAM -_-

Don't knock Sutton, he's hands down one of the best coaches in Memphis... Took Kingsbury and made them become a contender, went to craigmont and had one of the best defenses in memphis the year he was there... And has brought Ridgeway back to being a top 3 team in memphis... I'm sure if you ask J.Harris over at WH if they have a better coaching staff he would say it's even, cause every staff has the same respect for opposing staffs... Every coach respects the grind of another... Better talent doesn't make one coaching staff superior.... Remember that

Houston 41 Bartlett 21

East 21 Briarcrest 17

Brighton 24 Columbia 21

Central 28 Manasses 13

CBHS 21 Whitestation 20 ( really hard for me to pick CBHS in this game )

ECS 48 USJ 17

Harding 28 Boonville 21

Lausanne 28 Tipton 21

MUS 21 Laf 14

MBA 35 Millington 14 ( MBA off emotional win last week may be flat to begin game )

St Bene 21 St Georges 17

Respect Da Ridgeway 28-21 ( close game against two equally matched teams )

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

CBHS 21 Whitestation 20 ( really hard for me to pick CBHS in this game )

Respect Da Ridgeway 28-21 ( close game against two equally matched teams )

BBB ... what's the matter? You afraid that your D-2 card carrying privileges will get revoked if you chose White Station over CBHS?

LOLOLOLOL ... :roflolk:

Haha well I did pick against both d2 schools last week but those were easier games to do so in my mind. I picked against BA last week my brother and I have 3 kids there ... It's hard to do because I am so emotionally involved in my school. I ALWAYS think BA is better than what they are ... I ALWAYS think they will beat Ensworth and I am terrible at judging them. So I like to go against the grain sometimes. BA lost against mba last week because I think they and almost everyone else thought they would win by 2-3 Tds. and I was worried after beating st x that they would begin to believe they were better than they are. That type of attitude is the death of a football team. Got to work every week like you are playing the best team in the country fri night.

I may flop back on that one before Friday eve. My gut is telling me to go WS. I'll go on record as saying I could easily have 4 losses in the bgim contest this week ... One of which is the whitehaven game.

BBB ... what's the matter? You afraid that your D-2 card carrying privileges will get revoked if you chose White Station over CBHS?

LOLOLOLOL ... :roflolk:

Don't knock Sutton, he's hands down one of the best coaches in Memphis... Took Kingsbury and made them become a contender, went to craigmont and had one of the best defenses in memphis the year he was there... And has brought Ridgeway back to being a top 3 team in memphis... I'm sure if you ask J.Harris over at WH if they have a better coaching staff he would say it's even, cause every staff has the same respect for opposing staffs... Every coach respects the grind of another... Better talent doesn't make one coaching staff superior.... Remember that

Disagreed to the bolded statement... He has YET to make it out the area and that 2010 team, Walton and Dawson's Jr. was the year to do it. They Beat us, they had a GREAT Defense (on our level type Defense) they were undefeated and found a way to LOSE to Henry Co. I believe... Until he gets to the 4th Rd aka the Semifinals I will consider him an ok/SUSPECT coach... No Disrespect but yeah I totally disagree. 

He's had Better talent than Most teams West of the TN River with the exception of Da Haven and a few times Henry Co.

Man these folks lost to Jaskson Southside or Northside one year in the Playoffs. Whichever it was that team had a god HIGH SCHOOL QB but he was like 5'11" or shorter. I think that was Walton and Dawson's Sr. year... 

Disagreed to the bolded statement... He has YET to make it out the area and that 2010 team, Walton and Dawson's Jr. was the year to do it. They Beat us, they had a GREAT Defense (on our level type Defense) they were undefeated and found a way to LOSE to Henry Co. I believe... Until he gets to the 4th Rd aka the Semifinals I will consider him an ok/SUSPECT coach... No Disrespect but yeah I totally disagree.

He's had Better talent than Most teams West of the TN River with the exception of Da Haven and a few times Henry Co.

Man these folks lost to Jaskson Southside or Northside one year in the Playoffs. Whichever it was that team had a god HIGH SCHOOL QB but he was like 5'11" or shorter. I think that was Walton and Dawson's Sr. year...

Henry County was good as heck last year and won a golden ball so there past resume shows that they are no push over... And that Jackson Northside team which in which the person who started opposite of me at Memphis Ryan Scott had a good #### team that year... heck I know a few people who think the reason why Whitehaven hasn't won more gold balls is because of offensive play calling/offensive coaching... And these are fans of Whitehaven.... Or parents or have kids that play on Whitehavens team... Not winning a state championship, doesn't make you a suspect coach... Cause in that case Whitehaven would be suspect every year they didn't win a state championship, except the one year they won, or every coach that has never won a state championship is suspect... That's what you basically saying... You a suspect coach until you get a state championship right

Henry County was good as heck last year and won a golden ball so there past resume shows that they are no push over... And that Jackson Northside team which in which the person who started opposite of me at Memphis Ryan Scott had a good #### team that year... heck I know a few people who think the reason why Whitehaven hasn't won more gold balls is because of offensive play calling/offensive coaching... And these are fans of Whitehaven.... Or parents or have kids that play on Whitehavens team... Not winning a state championship, doesn't make you a suspect coach... Cause in that case Whitehaven would be suspect every year they didn't win a state championship, except the one year they won, or every coach that has never won a state championship is suspect... That's what you basically saying... You a suspect coach until you get a state championship right

It's not ALL about State Titles... Its about getting Out of the Area... He hasn't gotten past any real good teams WEST of the TENN River... He's had teams that should have done it... Just like we had teams that should have done it and didn't... Guess what tho, we had a 3 year year run of getting Past the Area Teams... Let's see if he can do that. I would LOVE to See Ridgeway playing a Davidson, Williamson, Wilson, Robertson, Dickson, etc County team to meet up with US and Trezevant in CookeVegas 

Fact of the Matter he hadn't got it done thus he can't be one of the best coaches in the area, IMHO.

The Big Games in Memphis - Week 5 Games: (The Terrific Twelve)

All games are scheduled for Friday, September 26, 2014

Game 1: Houston @ Bartlett

Game 2: East @ Briarcrest

Game 3: Columbia @ Brighton

Game 4: Manassas @ Central (Crump Stadium)

Game 5: White Station @ CBHS

Game 6: USJ @ ECS

Game 7: Harding @ Booneville (MS)

Gane 8: Lausanne @ Tipton-Rosemark

Game 9: Lafayette (MS) @ MUS

Game 10: MBA @ Milliington

Game 11: Whitehaven @ Ridgeway (Halle Stadium)

Game 12: St. George's @ St. Benedict

The team that is bold is my selection for that game.

Edited by kwc