Could Fulton compete or beat Maryville?

HeHatemeNOT

It wasn't as competitive as the score said.  It was like every time Maryville got the ball they would drive and something stupid would happen on our part. Then the QB got hurt and the two new kids came in and moved the ball well but get to the one yard line twice and fail to score. The game itself was played more like a 36-3 but it turned out 16-3. 

Ok then. If West could be competitive with Maryville then I see no reason why Fulton couldn't be as well. Better?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then. If West could be competitive with Maryville then I see no reason why Fulton couldn't be as well. Better?

I think it would be a great game. they could charge double the regular admission and still fill the place up. That's what both of those schools need to look at is the money it would make for both them. It would be a great game for ESPN also.

I believe they would compete with Maryville. I also think Fulton would struggle with the Maryville defense as would this years Maryville offense with Fulton's defense. Last year.....Maryville wins by a minimum of a couple of scores, if not more.

Well I have to admit it's a lot easier to beat Maryville in these IFL games ... I'm sure there's been a lot of teams since George took over that thought they could be Very Competitive and also beat Maryville . Maryville lost 7 games in George's first 2 years 99 & 00 , and 7 more from 2001 till today ... Congrats to Fulton for having a great team these last 2 years , Maybe Maryville or Alcoa can get them on our Schedule soon . 

Well I have to admit it's a lot easier to beat Maryville in these IFL games ... I'm sure there's been a lot of teams since George took over that thought they could be Very Competitive and also beat Maryville . Maryville lost 7 games in George's first 2 years 99 & 00 , and 7 more from 2001 till today ... Congrats to Fulton for having a great team these last 2 years , Maybe Maryville or Alcoa can get them on our Schedule soon .

I think it's safe to say that Maryville would have 8 losses if they scheduled Fulton.. Just my opinion.

Please. Fulton would play them about like West did. Bearden and Powell are HORRIBLE! Fulton plays in one of the weakest districts in the state. Fulton is good, but the clamoring over them is ridiculous.  There are many teams in the Knoxville area that could put up 70 points a game against most of the teams on their schedule. Maryville, West, Alcoa, Science Hill, and maybe even Catholic as they seem to have turned it on. Why does Fulton get so much publicity? Because they went through that mediocre stretch? Sheesh.

For what its worth, Fulton jumped over Maryville in USAtoday's national rankings for the first time this year:

31. Fulton, Knoxville, Tenn. (5-0)

32. Maryville, Tenn. (4-0)

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2014/

Fulton is now the highest ranked team in Tennessee on this national poll.

Edited by AlbertPine