Could Fulton compete or beat Maryville?

HeHatemeNOT

SS acted like I had no idea what Maryville was all about. I was simply pointing out that I'm more familiar with Maryville than he could ever hope to be. Piss off.

Oh and yes Maryville would get OBLITERATED against the privates. There's a reason the privates have tons of division I players. Too much talent for Maryville. Step up and play these teams from other states. What does almight Maryville have to lose? 

I respect Maryville. I really do. But you have always been way too defensive on here and think Maryville is some untouchable royalty. Maybe they are. But they certainly don't go out of their way to play top tier teams. Even West played a NC team the past two years.

Yeah that was my bad RR. After I posted that I thought hmmm, I think I have seen him post on West threads, so he may be a West supporter lol Had no idea you played for them. I apologize.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was simply pointing out that I'm more familiar with Maryville than he could ever hope to be. Piss off.

I respect Maryville. I really do. But you have always been way too defensive on here and think Maryville is some untouchable royalty. Maybe they are. But they certainly don't go out of their way to play top tier teams. Even West played a NC team these past two years.

Runnin' Reb eye'm a littull famillyer wif Mairvul two......

Eye'm glaid ewe respeck Mairvul (Ewe shood bee aftur GQ took a knee on tha gole line this yeer leedin' bye 2 TD's and rushin' fer 300 yds inn tha seccund haif).....

Wood ewe respeck Mairvul moore if'un lett's say..... if'un thay "go out ov thair way" two schedull Fulton necks yeer orr Ashevul like West did...???...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

West scheduled Asheville because they couldn't find anybody else to play them that week. Asheville was about 30 phone calls down the list. They were the first ones with that date open to say yes.

Yeah, I have trouble believing West was avoiding Fulton. Maybe they didn't move heaven and earth to work it out but guess what, neither did any of the OTHER area football powers as we see by Fulton's schedule. I've even heard tell that one such power actively went out of its way not to schedule the "black buzzards."

Omaha,

What does a team get for playing OOS games? Trophy, $, cookie? Some coaches focus on developing young men and not accolades. GQ never talks about his wins and the talk from my cousin to the players today is that he never ever wears any of his rings. It is still HS and people like you are ruining the true experience for our youth.

Go REBELS!!!

Well Nerd, yes, they could get all three (trophy, money, and a cookie). The cookie would be filled with pride and the opportunity to experience playing another school with pride and tradition. That could last a lifetime to some of the kids that might not have the capability to ever travel OOS. So, actually, it is people like you that are ruining the high school experience.

Yeah, I have trouble believing West was avoiding Fulton. Maybe they didn't move heaven and earth to work it out but guess what, neither did any of the OTHER area football powers as we see by Fulton's schedule. I've even heard tell that one such power actively went out of its way not to schedule the "black buzzards."

TJ, West played and beat Fulton prior to this year 3 out of 4 times, I think their thought process was to let someone else have turn playing them.  No one else played them 4 years in a row that didn't have to.

Edited by OakRidgeKat

Well Nerd, yes, they could get all three (trophy, money, and a cookie). The cookie would be filled with pride and the opportunity to experience playing another school with pride and tradition. That could last a lifetime to some of the kids that might not have the capability to ever travel OOS. So, actually, it is people like you that are ruining the high school experience.

Pride .... so you don't think a Maryville fan can have Pride unless they schedule a team from out of State ?? It's amazing how you guys think Football becomes this Whole different creature when you pass a TN State line !! So you are saying no school in TN has Pride and Tradition ? Why doesn't your School follow your suggestion ? Heck your school could of done just like Maryville and Moved up to 6A next year .... but they didn't .... I thought Maryville was playing a Team with Pride and Tradition when we were playing your team .... what Happened ? 

So you really think it's ok for you to try and Make a School who has accomplished so much feel guilty unless they do your every bidding ? Funny how you always criticize Maryville , but never have a negative word to say about your own school .... 

Pride .... so you don't think a Maryville fan can have Pride unless they schedule a team from out of State ?? It's amazing how you guys think Football becomes this Whole different creature when you pass a TN State line !! So you are saying no school in TN has Pride and Tradition ? Why doesn't your School follow your suggestion ? Heck your school could of done just like Maryville and Moved up to 6A next year .... but they didn't .... I thought Maryville was playing a Team with Pride and Tradition when we were playing your team .... what Happened ?

So you really think it's ok for you to try and Make a School who has accomplished so much feel guilty unless they do your every bidding ? Funny how you always criticize Maryville , but never have a negative word to say about your own school ....

You're missing the whole point, Pep. It's the fact that Maryville and it's fans have so much pride in their program that I want to see them represent TN. I think they would do very well and it would be a great experience for the kids and the fans. Listen, I admire Maryville and the success they've had. I would just love to see them compete OOS. At least, regionally. I see some of the other strong TN teams go out and represent. They win some and they lose some. I think it's great they do that. You can still keep your local traditions with Alcoa and you would still have 1 or 2 openings for a game like that.

Maryville is a great team and they have been better then Oak Ridge for a decade and a half now. (The exception possibly being a couple seasons early in the 2000s). Oak Ridge is a shell of the team they once were. When I was there I played in 89 then moved to VA my junior year. We had a great team in 89. Undefeated and nationally ranked until we got caught looking ahead in the playoffs and got upset by Oakland in Murfreesboro. Of course, the next year I move and Oak Ridge wins state. Just my luck! Plus, that year OR took on Tilghman from Paducah,KY and lost a heartbreaker. That would've been a great experience for me as a young kid and I missed out on it. Tilghman isn't any good now, but were a top ranked team back in those days.

All in all I don't despise Maryville. That's not the case at all. I always root for them to be successful. It makes TN look that much stronger nationally. That, in turn, amps up recruiting from the exposure of playing OOS. So, please Pep, don't take what I say the wrong way. I really do mean well and have good intentions.