Dekalb 17 Watertown 0

onemoreday

Over the years I have been affiliated, the ceiling has been 10 on teams we could; though last year the girls put 13 on MC. I was away site seeing in 3rd world countries, or I would have said something about putting the brakes on. I did pass my thoughts on from afar though. ND has never been a big scoring team since iv'e been there :angry: , so we don't have to address that issue too often.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, as if any of you have a clue?  I played every player, starting forward played goalkeeper, asked the other coach if he would like to end the game at half, and he said no. told the girls not to score, so they passed the ball for 5 min. without  the other team touching it.  The coach said his girls needed more practice at half so we continued to play.  We never celebrated a goal and only scored with players that don't get chances in other games.  You are so quick to judge.  What would you do if the coach asked you to keep playing so his girls could get more practice?  Get a life!!!

You Chattanooga fans think you are so special, well I'm not in a district with 5 teams, and choose not to play one of them because they are too far away.  we play everybody regardless of their skill level and yes we did score 17 goals, but we never demoralized their girls or angered their coach.  I have done everything I can to help them get their team started and help them along the way.  Maybe you just put to much emphasis on the score.  Next time you want to shame someone maybe you should check into the situation a little. 

I guess if its ok in so called "coach" k's mind, that makes it ok. Its a good thing that the rest of the coaches in our great state see different!!! I think you might want to be the one to GET A LIFE! You should read your comments you just posted and see how non-professional you just made yourself look. Glad you didnt coach any of my children. Like I said wouldnt have expected any class from "k" anyway. We will just keep scratching our heads and wondering why?  <_<

People need to realize there is a lot more than meets the eye in these games. I have been a part of games like that as a player and spectator, and they can be hard to avoid and I'll tell you why. Every 10-0+ game I have seen or played in, the starters were played 0 minutes. The JV started and by 20-25 minutes into the game, the players who hardly get minutes in JV games were on the field. That is in addition to pulling 2-3 players off the field in the course of the game and intentionally playing down in addition to cutting the halves down minutes. And 9-0+ plus still happens. You may say, well, just pass the ball around. I was on a team that did that. The opposing 11 players on the other team actually sat down on the field because they couldn't get the ball in a high school game. The coach said to our coach after that that was far more embarrassing for his players than any amount of goals we could have scored, but he understood what we did by not continuing to score. Sure, there are games where a team will play its starters and win like that and it is appalling to me. But, there is the reverse where a coach truly tries to avoid it. And is passing the ball around honestly much better? It's like playing a 80 minute monkey in the middle game, which isn't flattering either.

In addition to the games mentioned, I looked at the euro tennessee state rankings. Most of the higher ranked teams have some scores like that. Houston has two 10-0 wins. Ravenwood has a 15-0 win. Clarksville has two 10-0 wins. Franklin has an 11-0. Hardin Valley has the 17-0 mentioned. Knox catholic has a 10-0. USJ has a 10-0 and a 13-0. And honestly, I probably could continue. Looks like a lot of bullies on the block, as well as a lot of coaches that it does happen to, and good ones at that. My point is that this happens A LOT and should be judged on a case to case basis. It took me less than a minute to find those from a single season, so over the years I'm sure it has happened quite often. Don't be so quick to judge coaches like that, it is very harsh and unfair IMO.

If you know you're that much better going in a game then start 9-11? You can do many things to avoid this and still get some work in with your team. We played with 7 field players the entire 2nd half of a game.

Teams that are "repeat offenders" of beat downs are clearly what most of us are referencing. I do not see where anyone has been unfair or "too quick" to judge the schools that have been discussed multiple times in this thread.

There were comments that were referencing teams being bullies based on the score with no knowledge of how the game went. I still hold my point. My point is that in the AAA rankings, 5 of the 6 top teams have 10-0 or greater games. It happens a lot. I played in games where we started with 9 players (your suggestion), all JV at that, and it was 5-0 in 15 mins. These were teams we knew were poor ahead of time and left the scoreboard off in order to take time away and so they wouldn't have running knowledge of the score. So again, do you pull off more players, tell them to keep possession, or continue to score? All would be pretty embarrassing for me if I was on an opposing team (playing against 7 players and still losing, not touching the ball for an hour) and have been found to be embarrassing. If a coach has played his JV the whole game, reduced his players to 7-8 on the field, requested that the halves be shortened and a lopsided score still occurs, what else do you want the coach to honestly do? A scoreline isn't the only embarrassing thing that can occur on a soccer field.