South Pittsburg vs Boyd (Moore man against that Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

Boyd's recruiting is obviously off this year.  It's hard to understand how a school that can freely recruit can have a 1-5 record.  Still, they are always a threat and the Pirates will have to give it their all tonight.  GO PIRATES!!!!!

I have never seen Boyd out recruiting players. Yes we have students that come from around the area but recruiting them?  As a matter of fact we routinely lose students after the 8th grade to other private schools and public schools. Schools that recruit can offer financial aid. Boyd doesn't offer this like the Division 2 schools. If anyone recruits its more the students and parents by word of mouth. There is my rant. Now for this game. I pick the Bucs 99.9% of the time but we are struggling this year so I won't pick against us but I'm not picking us to win either.

Would need to better understand why 'pivates', like Boyd, have a big advantage in the kicking game...Maybe Baylor/McCallie, but Boyd? Makes absolutely no sense to me to make that type of comment, grouping Boyd with those other type privates.

We have a very successful soccer program. No reason we shouldnt have an advantage in the kicking game. Most rural teams do not play soccer. A lot easier to teach a soccer player to kick if you ask me.

Boyd's recruiting is obviously off this year. It's hard to understand how a school that can freely recruit can have a 1-5 record. Still, they are always a threat and the Pirates will have to give it their all tonight. GO PIRATES!!!!!

South Pitts seems off this year as well. Has the North Jackson pipeline been closed down?
  • Upvote 1

Boyd's recruiting is obviously off this year.  It's hard to understand how a school that can freely recruit can have a 1-5 record.  Still, they are always a threat and the Pirates will have to give it their all tonight.  GO PIRATES!!!!!

Yeah speaking of recruiting is that not how SP keeps bringing in players and putting their families in those housing projects to play at Pitt?  I don't know but that sounds like recruiting to me.

South Pitts seems off this year as well. Has the North Jackson pipeline been closed down?

Lol.......that was a good one. A a matter of fact, yes it is, rose is back in town. As you know sp will make excuses no matter how good they are. If you beat em it will be because you are private and can recruit. If Marion beats them it will be because they are two A and are a bigger school. It is always a win win for the pirates. I might add that they have never had players from nj or anywhere else for that matter. If they have came to the cornbread festival or ever worn orange and black they can be considered a hometown product.

Lol.......that was a good one. A a matter of fact, yes it is, rose is back in town. As you know sp will make excuses no matter how good they are. If you beat em it will be because you are private and can recruit. If Marion beats them it will be because they are two A and are a bigger school. It is always a win win for the pirates. I might add that they have never had players from nj or anywhere else for that matter. If they have came to the cornbread festival or ever worn orange and black they can be considered a hometown product.

Haha. I wonder what you call a speedway with no speed? :)