South Pittsburg vs Boyd (Moore man against that Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

I didn't see a roster last night. How many seniors does Boyd have this season? How many starters will they lose? I was impressed with their QB. He threw a good ball and had several drops.

Wide outs #14 and 21

Line #56 and 72

RB #3

I think that's it

Everyone else is back.

Edit: #12 OLB.

Edited by orangeslice13

Old Pirate has been stewing over the feud. 1st congrats to Boyd on the the big come from behind win. 94 yard winning drive was impressive as well as the Boyd stops defensively. OP did see a better Pirate team with what appears as a more similar attack as years past. The Pirates have tackling problems especially in the secondary but Chase Blevins and # 12 provided plenty of quickness to worry opponents. Boyd offensive play calling is suspect, the Bucks would be more successful if the pass didn't appear to be a priority so much and 2 & goal on the 2 and the Bucs run a deep pitch to a RB @ the 9 or 10 yd line that nearly loses 7 yds and eventually only 4. Leastways both move on hopefully learning something from this feud. BTW, congrats to coach Wes, sure it was a different feeling looking across the field from the visitors side.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

You pirate guys confuse me...8 of 13 and 166 yards and 2 TDs and Boyd focuses too much on pass? Didn't make game , but watched on TV. The two big receivers (21 86)had mismatches all night, QB was rarely under pressure, and BB could have taken much more advantage of that than what they did. Stats I saw actually had SP passing more than BB, and BB puts too much priority on passing? Guess this ole timer says you do what works and stick to it.

Great game. Terrible crowd. Was really weird looking across SP field from visitors side but man where are the fans? Smallest SP crowd I've ever seen. You could sense the frustration building from talking to some after the game but I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better.

As for the game it was a tell of two halves. I thought Boyd dominated the first half with SP getting the 2nd half. Boyd had major miss matches throwing to #21 & # 86. We're as SP had the speed advantage and it showed as they were able to get edge a lot with Blevins. He is a good one. Boyd's young guys continue to have trouble tackling in space as has been the case all year. #12 for SP instantly made a difference but doesn't get the playing time as the others. That's a head scratcher. Overall I thought SP looked pretty good compared to almost losing to Whitwell. A few questionable non fumbles calls good have effected game (1 by each team) but that's football. The 2pt conversion try by Boyd to tie game was the biggest blown call by the refs. Unsportsmanlike conduct moved ball to 1 1/2 yard line only to allow Boyd to call the play and have the refs move it back to the 3 before the snap. Ref had no explanation to Grant except "that's on us coach." Game could've easily been 22-22 heading to OT. I thought in the end SP Seniors line would be too much for a young defense to overcome but they rose up and made some stops when it counted. I still think SP has a great shot to win the East and make it back to Cookeville. Boyd should win out.

Our crowds have been down all season. I can understand people not wanting to come watch Sale Creek type teams, but playing Boyd and not coming out? I didn't understand that one. I'm not going to go watch LV this week. Every year I like to go watch some possible teams we might see in the playoffs. I'm going to Friday as well. Copper Basin is in Chattanooga at Boyd, Huntland is playing Fayetteville and Greenback plays Grace. I might go see one of those this week.

Our crowds have been down all season. I can understand people not wanting to come watch Sale Creek type teams, but playing Boyd and not coming out? I didn't understand that one. I'm not going to go watch LV this week. Every year I like to go watch some possible teams we might see in the playoffs. I'm going to Friday as well. Copper Basin is in Chattanooga at Boyd, Huntland is playing Fayetteville and Greenback plays Grace. I might go see one of those this week.

Did the game being on TV hurt attendance?

We didn't travail well for the game either. I blame tv.

If you come to the Boyd vs Basin game look me up.

I've met PowerP ( nice guy ) and it would be cool to put a face with your name.

Hey guys Glenn here again. This one was exciting even more than Whitwell game. Biggest thing was Boyd was pretty fast. Much more fast than Whitwell. Pirates were not that fast against Whitwell but we're back to their normal fastness against the Boyd. The Boyd had a hard time stopping the Pirates but we still lost. The Boyd wasn't big like Ball County or really fast like Hixson but we still lost. We gotta work on our fastness. We were pretty fast against The Boyd but they were fast enough to stop us from scoring. We gotta let our really fast guys play. #9 is one of our fast guys and he didn't get to play at end because he ate too much. Number #12 needed to get the ball when #7 didn't cause he is really fast. #10 and #42 need to work on their fastness more. #10 can throw it fast but can't run it fast. #42 is kinda fast at making tackles but not fast enough when he runs the ball. We gotta continue to get faster guys. Go Pirates

From Glenn