Henry County Patriots @ 6-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets

JacketLover

When a team rushes for that many yards (417 to be exact) they should score more than 21 points The Jackets defense didn't stop HC mental mistakes did. The refs not allowing either team to get into a good flow didn't help either.

The TSSAA likes to play games with HC and will probably put us in Quad 3 and send the Jackets west on the hopes it will put District 10AAA at a disadvantage. Beating a team without one of it's better players takes away from the win for some of us.

They held them to fgs instead of tds on some possessions, how about we just say good game and not discredit either sides effort, almost made it through the whole weekend without doing it.....

I would like to think the quality of the Springfield defense had a little something to do with the out of sync, along with the great crowd support! That being said, HC still had 389 yards running the football. I agree with Kevin, the injury to our other QB had an effect on our offense as well. I do not know if that would have made a difference in the outcome, but this past Friday night was an outstanding high school football game and atmosphere.

I agree that Springfield's defense and scheme had a lot to do with our scoring or lack thereof. The Jackets MUST maintain that same intensity against their remaining foes. Both Rossview and Kenwood have explosive offenses that can score at any time. In my opinion, Rossview has a much,much better defense . Don't know much about  old Clarksville- check with me next week.Glad I got the chance to meet you,JL.There is a special place in my heart for those who do volunteer work for high school athletics.Maybe our paths will cross again this year.

GO BIG RED

I agree that Springfield's defense and scheme had a lot to do with our scoring or lack thereof. The Jackets MUST maintain that same intensity against their remaining foes. Both Rossview and Kenwood have explosive offenses that can score at any time. In my opinion, Rossview has a much,much better defense . Don't know much about old Clarksville- check with me next week.Glad I got the chance to meet you,JL.There is a special place in my heart for those who do volunteer work for high school athletics.Maybe our paths will cross again this year.

GO BIG RED

Good to meet you and Drew as well! Hope we do meet again this year, for that will mean deep playoff runs for us both.