Week 6: Science Hill at Tennessee High

BigDave1967

Science Hill was flat and little emotion. They must have left it at BA. Vikings game plan worked. They let the 30 second clock get to :08 before getting set..then they ran the ball kepping the Topper O on the sidelines. Toppers finally got a stop and scored to go up by 35-23. Vikes added a late score. A muffled punt hurt the Vikes and swung the score. Kicking game made a difference.

Edited by DayTripper

Went to the game, got a really unexpected result than what I thought would happen. Our guys looked horrible. It's like watching a whole different team from what I saw at Brentwood last week. The guys were moping around with their hands on their hips. Even Mcgue showed poor body language. And I really got upset when Mikey #14, laid a huge hit on one of their guys and taunted him afterwards. That didn't bother me as much as Stacy complaining about getting a flag for it. He shoulda dragged Mikey to the sidelines by the facemask for doing such a stupid thing after a great play. No matter what, win or lose, teams should play with class. Not act like a bunch of thugs. Also, really unenthusiastic crowd tonight. Just a depressing setting all around. I wouldn't call this a win, but happy we pulled it out.

Went to the game, got a really unexpected result than what I thought would happen. Our guys looked horrible. It's like watching a whole different team from what I saw at Brentwood last week. The guys were moping around with their hands on their hips. Even Mcgue showed poor body language. And I really got upset when Mikey #14, laid a huge hit on one of their guys and taunted him afterwards. That didn't bother me as much as Stacy complaining about getting a flag for it. He shoulda dragged Mikey to the sidelines by the facemask for doing such a stupid thing after a great play. No matter what, win or lose, teams should play with class. Not act like a bunch of thugs. Also, really unenthusiastic crowd tonight. Just a depressing setting all around. I wouldn't call this a win, but happy we pulled it out.

I think the possibility of rain and thunder scared most of the fans away tonight.  Luckily didn't get a drop.  And a lot of people, including myself, were expecting Science Hill to really light up the scoreboard.  Tennessee High had an excellent strategy throughout the game, one that I'm sure will be mimicked several times this season.

When the Hilltoppers are "ON" they can they can score against almost anyone, but this was probably their slowest start of the season and they really only did enough to win in my opinion.  Having Tennessee drain the clock like that didn't help.

I would +1 this ^^^^^

Edited by DayTripper

Exact exact Same ole thing in kingsport tonight!!

Edited by kingindian33

Wow... we were sooooo close!!! IMO we were one play away from the W in this game and that was the botched punt that gave the ball to the Hill on the 2 yard line and ultimately 7 points in the opening minutes of the second half. Hats off to the Viking coaching staff for thinking this one through and giving everyone the map to beating this explosive Topper team. It's easy to see that this Topper squad can score on any given play. Speed does kill!! I think Stacey's scouting report pointed to what most Viking fans were most concerned about and that was our secondary. Because although they were breaking off 4+ yards every carry early in the game he opted to go with the all out air attach which gave us the couple or so defensive stances that the Viking needed to stay in this game. With that being said... THE BOYS IN THE VIKING SECONDARY STEPPED UP TONIGHT!!!!! There was a little bend early but THEY NEVER BROKE!!! Hats off to these guys because I personally have been giving you guys a hard time. I have to say that it is because I knew you were capable of much better or else I wouldn't even have bothered challenging you. #1 even delivered a little wood to Mr White on one of his trips to the endzone which was quite impressive. If I had one critique it would have to be that I'm disappointed that we don't trust our passing game. Because I personally think we have the arm and the hands to execute a more balanced attack. Great effort by the Viking players and coaching staff!!! I walked out of the stadium tonight with my head up thinking "that's what I"M talkin about"! 

Wow... we were sooooo close!!! IMO we were one play away from the W in this game and that was the botched punt that gave the ball to the Hill on the 2 yard line and ultimately 7 points in the opening minutes of the second half. Hats off to the Viking coaching staff for thinking this one through and giving everyone the map to beating this explosive Topper team. It's easy to see that this Topper squad can score on any given play. Speed does kill!! I think Stacey's scouting report pointed to what most Viking fans were most concerned about and that was our secondary. Because although they were breaking off 4+ yards every carry early in the game he opted to go with the all out air attach which gave us the couple or so defensive stances that the Viking needed to stay in this game. With that being said... THE BOYS IN THE VIKING SECONDARY STEPPED UP TONIGHT!!!!! There was a little bend early but THEY NEVER BROKE!!! Hats off to these guys because I personally have been giving you guys a hard time. I have to say that it is because I knew you were capable of much better or else I wouldn't even have bothered challenging you. #1 even delivered a little wood to Mr White on one of his trips to the endzone which was quite impressive. If I had one critique it would have to be that I'm disappointed that we don't trust our passing game. Because I personally think we have the arm and the hands to execute a more balanced attack. Great effort by the Viking players and coaching staff!!! I walked out of the stadium tonight with my head up thinking "that's what I"M talkin about"! 

I think Stacy realized he had to go to the air attack, especially once Bedard went out. Malik was apparently playing injured and the coaches did not want him running the ball. So once Bedard went out of the game, with Malik not being able to run, the coaches had no choice but to air it out.

Edited by Aussie2TN