Sevier Co vs South Doyle Rivalry Thursday Imac Championship

gobears89

Forgot about our ol buddy jenkins. Wonder if he'll miss burchfield stadium when he.steps out Friday night. Seems like we've had a lot of transfers past couple of years. And these have been some of the best teams we've had. Wonder why so many want to leave? Don't get too cocky about playing William blount. They're laying in the.weeds for us ;)

The story of this week vs jeff co will be the new QB SC transfer Austin Jenkins for the pats. Im sure the Bears cant wait to get after him. He is definitely a talented kid I hated to see him go but he was in the same class as Deuce and just lost the job to a better player. I think he will make jeff better but I dont think they can win this game. Hopefully the Bears can stay healthy and win then its the game of the year vs SD. SD will crush Motown and I predict the Bears win 35-21.

91 yall got to move down to 5a next season where you have to earn a playoff spot. Or would you rather start a playoff streak with a losing record? I can see it now govs go to playoffs for 5th straight year thanks to there dominating overall record of 15-39 during their time in the SUPER 32! :popcorneater:

GoBears!!

That won't happen. The program is moving in the right direction and we got some young talent on the team. We also have a good opportunity to end this season 5-5 and squeak into the playoffs.

That won't happen. The program is moving in the right direction and we got some young talent on the team. We also have a good opportunity to end this season 5-5 and squeak into the playoffs.

That's great. Good luck to the govs. To bad earning a playoff spot is out next year for 6 a it is one way to kind measure improvement.

According to coacht, south Doyle has played the weakest schedule in the state. That's why Sevier will beat them next week.

Also it says that :

Sevier County is 87th

Anderson County is 88th

Ooltewah is 103rd

Knox West is 108th

and

Oak Ridge and SD are 113th 

So what does it prove?NOTHING

THAT IS WHY THE GAME IS PLAYED ON THE FIELD.

Also it says that :

Sevier County is 87th

Anderson County is 88th

Ooltewah is 103rd

Knox West is 108th

and

Oak Ridge and SD are 113th 

So what does it prove?NOTHING

THAT IS WHY THE GAME IS PLAYED ON THE FIELD.

Yep.  And it's not like South-Doyle just squeaked by those "weak" teams, either.  

In fact, if you look at comparable scores from IMAC play for both South-Doyle and Sevier County there isn't a lot of difference.  Just because Sevier County played a couple of better teams in non district games in Maryville and DB doesn't necessarily favor them, and especially given that they lost to both of them.  Common opponents are generally a better measuring stick, and both teams have handled those common opponents pretty much on equal terms.  

Strength of schedule is great for fans to crow about when it favors an argument for ones team, but in the end it means very little.  Bottom line - if both South-Doyle and Sevier County get past their opponents tomorrow night it will set up winner take the district game that we all anticipated when the schedule came out back in the summer.  

SC has benefited from playing DB and Maryville. Common opponents mean very little especially when they are bad teams. The Bears have played 2 big time games & that experience matters. Maryville is the only team that we cant seem to get our mojo going against. SD will have to play well to win this game. I think vegas would have the Bears favored by 1. I will not be surprised if either team wins & turnovers will probably be the key in this game.

GoBears!

Edited by gobears89

SC has benefited from playing DB and Maryville. Common opponents mean very little especially when they are bad teams. The Bears have played 2 big time games & that experience matters. Maryville is the only team that we cant seem to get our mojo going against. SD will have to play well to win this game. I think vegas would have the Bears favored by 1. I will not be surprised if either team wins & turnovers will probably be the key in this game.

GoBears!

just in-vegas has S-D by 17