Week 7: Brentwood Academy at McCallie

BigDave1967

McCallie is for real. I would have pushed all my chips in at the beginning of the season on Ensworth/Baylor. Beating down both of those programs by 97-43 ... wow. Glad to see a new squad take over as the top dog.

Mercy rule. That's surprising!

Edited by WesVLT

Man what a game by BA...With the exception of 2 or 3 big plays by McCallie they could do nothing on offense. Will be curious to see how many total yards BA has in this game. Record for the season I would imagine. I didn't think McCallie could stop BA but didn't expect such a great defensive game from BA

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I've seen McCallie on film but not in person, so I'll defer to your knowledge. Craig is a dynamic quarterback and has many weapons, and I suspect they'll score 35-plus. The game I saw on film was the JPII game, in which the Knights moved the ball quite effectively on the Tornado in the first half. Based on that defensive display, I have to think the Eagles will be able to put up a lot of points, too.

Wes - I was wrong, way wrong. Congratulations to the Eagles!

You may be right Wes. Football is such an emotional game at the high school level. Mccallie makes the trip up to BG and knocks off a ranked team under adversity. Then Ensworh and their biggest rival. To be up for those games and come back against another team... It's a tough task. BA has not had it much easier. Mccallie just like flat, tired and out of sorts. Give the BA kids a lot of credit . They were ready to play and it showed. Last night was one of the best outings on both sides of the ball that I have seen in some time

I think we all were! Big win for BA, but McCallie will live to prove tonight was an aberration. Previous games indicate it may indeed be.

This is a fun year in d2. ....on a side note St Xavier in Ohio knocked off elder who beat St Edwards earlier in the year when they were ranked number 1 nationally and this past Friday they beat lasalle who thumped moeler and was undefeated, ranked top 25 nationally and number 1 in Ohio. BAs wins this year ( st x , science hill, mccallie )are starting to look better and better as the year goes on.

having a few of our kids back from injury last night helped and a few more are coming back before playoffs. If BA can make it past baylor the bye week will certainly help going into the Ensworh game.

Still a long way to go but this year is one of the best for d2 football I can remember in a long while.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976