Week 8: Alcoa at CAK

BigDave1967

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we're going to bring up that "freshman game", let's just tell the whole story then lol it was Alcoa's freshmen vs. fulton's JV.... I honestly don't see that as a fair matchup unless Fulton is really that bad of a team but Alcoa stayed in the game until the 4th quarter with Alcoa only having 15-20 kids out there against Fulton's JV squad of at least 40 kids. I don't believe that game is really relevant to the whole situation but kudos to you for trying lol Who's next??? Haha

LOL... fact is it was freshman ... a bunch of good ones .. relevant .. sure it is .. those freshman . Now Sr's .. they remember a 35-6 beatdown .. its ok .. agree to disagree .. but we got a pretty strong case. AGAIN SORRY CAK FANS .. IM OFF HERE .. GOOD LUCK FRIDAY NIGHT

I've been traveling and just made it back into town.  Thought I'd check in and see how the banter was going with the "Liars Club" posse.  Of course I'm hoping for a good game from CAK and that we can keep it close most of the way.  However, I think the F5 has too much for my Warriors.  Unfortunately this game doesn't hold as much energy & enthusiasm as it has for the past 1/2 dozen years or so. In part because CAK is down from our championship years and Alcoa doesn't appear to be as strong as their teams in recent memory.  Still, Alcoa is a prohibitive favorite in this game and for another gold ball.  As far as this being the last game between these two teams, I totally agree with Warriors2011.  Unless something odd happens I fully expect CRB and CGR to continue scheduling each other.  There was a time back when CAK was loaded and Alcoa was even more loaded that I think CAK would have liked getting away from the F5 in order to get a shot at a state title.  Its discouraging when you know you are really really good but by misfortune you happen to be locked into playing someone who is even better.  Heck, we couldn't even get a chance to bring home a silver ball because of geography.  Once CAK broke past that and brought home a few trophies of our own, I believe the value of playing Alcoa every year (twice each year including playoffs) truly became apparent.  Good luck to all and I hope for a safe and spirited contest.