Week 8: Alcoa at CAK

BigDave1967

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to CRB for jerking a knot in a CAKe players butt for kicking at an Alcoa player on the home sideline after Mitchell covered the Dockery fumble. No place for that in the game and now, I think, this player realizes that. It happened right in front of the side judge and no flag was thrown, but Rusty saw it, as did I, and handled it immediately.

Good job, coach.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

I've got the Podcast up of our last show now.  If you'd like to hear any of the Coaches interviews from last week, please click on the link below.  Here is the list and approximate times for each interview if you'd like to skip ahead to the Coach you wish to hear:

Coach Rusty Bradley of CAK -  First Interview

Coach Joe Gaddis of Oak Ridge-  Second Interview  (approximately 15 minutes into the podcast)

Coach Rodney Saulsberry of Whitehaven- 3rd Interview (approximately 30 minutes into podcast)

Coach Fred Shambaugh of M.T.C.S. - 4th interview (approximately 45 minutes into the podcast)

I picked games and highlighted big games from accross the the State in the second hour with a couple of guest commentators including Jon Neil of River City Sports in Chattanooga.  

Please enjoy the free podcasts each week.  There are a number of Coaches I've interviewed over the season at the Ticket Radio

Here is the link to last weeks show!

I don't blame CRB for doing that either. He knew his line would struggle with our D-line. As it was, we had 4 sacks for 35 yards.

This has been a strategy since the first game. CRB knew that the OL would have issues and tried to compensate by positioning the QB deeper and using the shovel type pass as a "running" play. It's debatable whether this helps (against the rush up the middle) but makes it easier for the ends...Regardless, this has been the strategy all year. Nothing new against Alcoa. And considering the talent and depth advantage Alcoa had, 4 sacks was not bad.

Great game by a team with far superior athletes overall. Congratulations to the Tornadoes. With only 6-7 seniors, maybe next season will be a more competitive game.