Week 8: Alcoa at CAK

BigDave1967

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aint talking about 4 years ago .. talking about 2013 and this year .. I said we got better and u guys tucked tail and ran ..LOL

You're right, we're talking just 2 years ago instead of 4, as in that 30-7 beatdown. LOL

You need to go hug and thank Jody Wright for doing what he did, because he took one loss off your 2013 and 2014 schedules. :)

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

My guess is this won't be the last unless the zombie apocalypse comes sometime soon.  Obviously, Alcoa isn't afraid of playing CAK and I don't think CAK is afraid of playing Alcoa.  I suspect that as long as Coach Rankin is willing, Rusty Bradley will try to schedule Alcoa as a non-district game.  CAK has in recent years had a horrible time finding enough non-district games to fill out a 10-game schedule, thus the reason for playing teams from Kentucky and going two years in a row to play 6A Lavergne.   I believe CAK views its yearly contests with Alcoa as a major reason CAK has gotten better over the years; Alcoa has given CAK a highly successful program to use as a measuring stick, based on the logic that if we can improve enough to be competitive against Alcoa then we can compete against anybody.  It will be nice not to have to go through Alcoa in the playoffs but I personally hope they can keep playing each other in a regular season game.

+1

You're right, we're talking just 2 years ago instead of 4, as in that 30-7 beatdown. LOL

You need to go hug and thank Jody Wright for doing what he did, because he took one loss off your 2013 and 2014 schedules. :)

You can't really believe that deep down it's easy to come on the T and say what could've been... I just want to know do you really think we are to fault for the game not being played or do you own up to it being you guy's fault?