9-AAA part 2

MJGOLDENBEARS

Beech won district when they had Jalen. That's it (I believe) although the two titles make up for it. But Hville, GHS, MJ, & Beech have been the district contenders each year. (Except last year with the one year SC wonders) all of those teams have either won district or came 2nd....(Gallatin has done that 3 times since making 9aaa :(

Edited by thegreatone36

I'm fixing to make some people mad but honestly I did not consider MJ a perennial contender. They had 2 of their best ever a few years back but other than that not more than average in this district. Nobody was more consistent than Beech and Hendersonville.

When was the last time GHS won the district? With the exception of the last 2 years MJ has been a contender for 9-AAA

When was the last time GHS won the district? With the exception of the last 2 years MJ has been a contender for 9-AAA

Did I say they were a perennial contender? Did I name them with Hendersonville and Beech? MJ has not been that good since little Perry took over. Everybody just looks at those 2 great years as the rule not the exception. I see it otherwise. My opinion.

Did I say they were a perennial contender? Did I name them with Hendersonville and Beech? MJ has not been that good since little Perry took over. Everybody just looks at those 2 great years as the rule not the exception. I see it otherwise. My opinion.

I'm in agreement with the Lil Perry comment.  He hasn't beaten an above average team in his tenure as a head coach. You're right it's your opinion and I also get one and my opinion is your wrong with the exception of the last 2 years as I stated.

Beech won district when they had Jalen. That's it (I believe) although the two titles make up for it. But Hville, GHS, MJ, & Beech have been the district contenders each year. (Except last year with the one year SC wonders) all of those teams have either won district or came 2nd....(Gallatin has done that 3 times since making 9aaa :(

Beech won the district/region in 05, 08, 09, 10, and 12.  A coupla those were the old region 6-4A when we were banished to a life of driving to Clarksville for a few years. 

Edited by tandem

Beech won the district/region in 05, 08, 09, 10, and 12. A coupla those were the old region 6-4A when we were banished to a life of driving to Clarksville for a few years.

I was referring to only the years of 9AAA. Gallatin also won a couple back In the 5A region. But I was wrong about Beech only having that one D. Title in 2012. I wasn't completely sure

Without making this debate a huge deal.... Trey Perry is a solid coach, but if things don't turn around next year, the excuses are being thrown away and questions will be asked.

As to MJ not being a perennial contender.... MJ always seems to lose to Beech by a score, Hville has been tick for tack, Gallatin swapping victories evenly, an the rest is history. In the past 9 seasons we have appeared twice in the semi's, once in the quarters, and twice in the second round. Not to shabby, we may not be a perennial contender as you say... Then what is Gallatin? I'm sick of hearing about State Champions back during the Stone Age. What have they done recently?

Gallatin lost first round this season, and hasn't really made much noise in quite awhile. (No I don't consider an 8-5 quarterfinal appearance to be much) Beech and Hville are great playoff teams. It also helps that 5a is a huge step down from 6a. There is no Oakland or Blackman in 5a lol

By the way this post is more about "if you pick at my team, I'll do the same" that's what I am about as a poster love me or hate me.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I wasn't aware that the 90's teams wore leather helmets? Guess we will have to continue being the proud fans of a school with 3 triple A state titles. Recent or not. Station Camp...the one year wonders who had a stud receiver who basically carried them through last season. That is very apparent after seeing this years results. Good luck dominating this new region. Anything is possible I suppose.

Hillwood and Hunters Lane are consistently bad year in year out..

Hunters Lane declined when they checked students that were eligible to play on the football team.

Hillwood and Hunters Lane are consistently bad year in year out..

Hillwood is in a good area of Nashville but the student body is spread over a wide area.The last coaching staff took players home on a bus but nothing they tried seemed to improve the team.

Hunters Lane declined when they checked students that were eligible to play on the football team.

Hillwood is in a good area of Nashville but the student body is spread over a wide area.The last coaching staff took players home on a bus but nothing they tried seemed to improve the team.

Pictures of Gallatin championship are out there, leather helmet no face mask. Bison will dominate new distric.