Smith County 3-4 vs Cannon County 0-7 does SC get to .500

Girl2

This one will not even be close, Owls by a lot

I agree, SC should win by a big margin but SC is not a good football team at this point. Injuries are NOT the problem. We are young, but have played seven games and the mistakes should have been gone a long time ago. Good teams don't make the mental mistakes that we are making by our football team. Mistakes, and you see I am using plural, get you beat. That was the case Friday night. Too many penalties, mental mistakes and not being sound. Look at last week against LA, who had the better team, 7-0 at half with LA on top and within 28 seconds gone in the 3rd quarter, LA scores 14 points while running only one play.  With the score 17-3 ahead in the 4th quarter, WC scores 21 points to win. They derserved to win, SC did not. I am NOT blaming the coaaches in any way what so ever and I want to make that clear. The kids have a responsibility to perform as they have been coached to do in practiced so it is time to get mentally disciplined and mentally tough. 

I agree, SC should win by a big margin but SC is not a good football team at this point. Injuries are NOT the problem. We are young, but have played seven games and the mistakes should have been gone a long time ago. Good teams don't make the mental mistakes that we are making by our football team. Mistakes, and you see I am using plural, get you beat. That was the case Friday night. Too many penalties, mental mistakes and not being sound. Look at last week against LA, who had the better team, 7-0 at half with LA on top and within 28 seconds gone in the 3rd quarter, LA scores 14 points while running only one play.  With the score 17-3 ahead in the 4th quarter, WC scores 21 points to win. They derserved to win, SC did not. I am NOT blaming the coaaches in any way what so ever and I want to make that clear. The kids have a responsibility to perform as they have been coached to do in practiced so it is time to get mentally disciplined and mentally tough. 

This team is not nearly as dedicated as years past. I know they are well coached. Coaching is not the problem. They are not playing anywhere near their potential.

I think SC stays 6-4 to 7-3 every year till they get their numbers up. Last two seasons I have seen more players play both way than I have in a long time at SC. One gets hurt, its like losing two players if he plays both ways. SC needs to get back to 85+ like they use to have. If they drop to 2a, and get Alcoa and CHS off the schedule, that will help a lot too.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I think SC stays 6-4 to 7-3 every year till they get their numbers up. Last two seasons I have seen more player play both way than I have in a long time at SC. One gets hurt, its like losing two players if he plays both ways. SC needs to get back to 85+ like they use to have.

Thats another thing that chaps my rear end!! Why aint kids wanting to get out and play football? When i was in high school every lad that had even a shred of guts wanted to get out there and play. Now they just want to wear body paint and play cheerleader.

Thats another thing that chaps my rear end!! Why aint kids wanting to get out and play football? When i was in high school every lad that had even a shred of guts wanted to get out there and play. Now they just want to wear body paint and play cheerleader.

happens a lot even with good teams. Look at LA. 50 kids out but maybe 20 jr and sr's. Most of there best kids play both ways. Some team like Greeneville or Fulton will play LA with 80+ on team and whip then on depth. If LA had say 30 more kids play. Of that number 15 were jr and sr's. Of those 15, say 3 were studs like Linder, Eldridge, McDonald and Hollars. That's why UH won. 20 pretty good sr's in 2013 with 3 elite among those 20. If they could have had a classs of 20 behind then intead of 7, that last game might have looked different. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Guest Termite

It's always seems that way. You see kids not playing and think to yourself they ought to be .Football may be the one sport that if your heart ain't in it, don't waste your or anybody else's time.

Sometimes I wonder how much Jr Pro and Jr. High influence their decisions too.

Kids (and Dad) don't have patience anymore. Don't want to wait a year or 2 to start sometimes to play. "they ain't doing you right", you ought to be playing", "they won't give you a chance"...