Tennessee Schools Contemplating withdrawal from the TSSAA

OLD PIRATE

Guest hevyrevy1611

So the failures & corruption of T$$AA are so obvious it's time for a coup? Revolt? Takeover, eh? Sadly, I agree it wont happen no matter how clear that it's needed. Just look at current state of USA govt & politics. And the uncaring, dumbed down attitude of the masses who do nothing in face of blatant failures & crookedness, and yet keep voting same ones in. Sadly I a big pessimist on this issue. No withrawals in foreseeable future imo. :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the failures & corruption of T$$AA are so obvious it's time for a coup? Revolt? Takeover, eh? Sadly, I agree it wont happen no matter how clear that it's needed. Just look at current state of USA govt & politics. And the uncaring, dumbed down attitude of the masses who do nothing in face of blatant failures & crookedness, and yet keep voting same ones in. Sadly I a big pessimist on this issue. No withrawals in foreseeable future imo. :(

Sadly, in this day and age, being a pessimist is just a stone throws away from being a realist.

I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Sadly, in this day and age, being a pessimist is just a stone throws away from being a realist.

I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

Believer in Murphy? Ha.. I AM Murphy, living it out. Put me in a mass of 10,000 people side by side, packed together like sardines, then have a flock of geese go overhead, I'll be the one that the poop hits in 10 out of 10 flyovers. LOL.

The TSSAA is like South Central Bell back-n-the day. Everybody complained and knowd they were getting it stuck to them, then came the competition. Now the old dictator of local & long distance chatter ain't the lead dog. Fellers, it's comes down to a few stepping out and choosing a different way. We all know it is about $$$$$, jest how much does that Childress man make annually? Do the schools really have a vote, is the TSSAA board accountable, if so to who? Ole coach Don Grider once got an apology after the Pirates got it stuck to them with time expiring and a two point conversion call was botched to end the game and the Pirates came home with silver. Yea, coach Don got a letter from Ronnie Carter saying how the officials missed the call. Coach Don didn't take too kindly to that bunch of futal apologizing mess. The TSSAA doesn't even hold their officials accountable. Look what happened at Boyd a few years ago when an official missed a TD by 2 yds. Eventually Boyd's opponent won the state title! Just......what.....do the TSSAA do for the schools, locally programs have repeatedly cheated with little done as punishment. There is a team currently in Chattanooga that all know is cheating, the programs the maddest is the programs that just get out cheated! LOPAO...questions, 1. How would the TSSAA handle all major privates doing there own thing? 2. How would the TSSAA handle 20-30 teams refusing to continue to be members? 3. How long will the schools & administrators continue to have it stuck to them? They Do Have A Choice, yep recon so!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Guest hevyrevy1611

For sure every official needs to be held accountable. Yes humans make mistakes, but there ARE officials who will do things on purpose (i have sat at a table of ten people with eight being officials and heard them talk!!), making calls out of bias, revenge, trying to prevent blowouts, or even sadly payoffs (which myself and about eight others were eyewitnesees to once). I'd even be in favor of two replay requests per game per team (it'd be easy nowadays with all the technology available). You know, throw the red flag! Ha! Then after games, especially in playoffs, have a group review calls/ whistles to see if any officials were clearly incompetent (for whatever reason), and give out fines, or firings, plus rewards and bonuses for those doing great jobs. There's plenty of TSSAA money for this little extra stuff, maybe the willpower is missing. Man oh man the stories I can tell, no doubt everyone on here can too. Sad. Frustrating. Heartbreaking. Demoralizing. Season changing! Something needs to be done. But how to do it? <<<(betcha this gets deleted. Or I get a warning)

For sure every official needs to be held accountable. Yes humans make mistakes, but there ARE officials who will do things on purpose (i have sat at a table of ten people with eight being officials and heard them talk!!), making calls out of bias, revenge, trying to prevent blowouts, or even sadly payoffs (which myself and about eight others were eyewitnesees to once). I'd even be in favor of two replay requests per game per team (it'd be easy nowadays with all the technology available). You know, throw the red flag! Ha! Then after games, especially in playoffs, have a group review calls/ whistles to see if any officials were clearly incompetent (for whatever reason), and give out fines, or firings, plus rewards and bonuses for those doing great jobs. There's plenty of TSSAA money for this little extra stuff, maybe the willpower is missing. Man oh man the stories I can tell, no doubt everyone on here can too. Sad. Frustrating. Heartbreaking. Demoralizing. Season changing! Something needs to be done. But how to do it? <<<(betcha this gets deleted. Or I get a warning)

Thata boy, Old Pirate says to get change, you have to demand change. OP certainly ain't a fan of them Private/ Circle Fly Swatter fellers, but pert near sure Tennessee is #1 with biggest multiplier in the country. Now don't recon that makes the TSSAA the National Champs neither. Until individuals step forward and push individual schools & administrators to step out, things will never change. There comes a time when folkes have to stand up & be counted. OP ain't heard who, how or where the TSSAA board is or who they are or how are they chosen? The TSSAA is not accountable, the board is not accountable, the officials are not accountable. If a poll was taken, where would they rank? The TSSAA is all about $$$$$$, anyone who says or thinks different needs to shed the "Rose Colored Glasses" Edited by OLD PIRATE

The ref crew who kept BB from a chance to play for a state championship did such a good job by TSSAA standards they got to ref at the state championships in Cookeville 2 weeks later, couldn't believe it when I saw them on TV. So no, I don't think there is any accountability anywhere in the TSSAA organization.

The ref crew who kept BB from a chance to play for a state championship did such a good job by TSSAA standards they got to ref at the state championships in Cookeville 2 weeks later, couldn't believe it when I saw them on TV. So no, I don't think there is any accountability anywhere in the TSSAA organization.

Old Pirate asks again, what does the TSSAA do for the schools besides, organize regions, districts, playoff brackets, ( yea right that's a real gem) hire officials and take a HEEP of gate $$$$$$

It would have to be all or none. You couldn't have some schools in and some out. For instance: an Alcoa in the TSSAA could not play a Maryville in another system. It would be next to impossible to get 100% of the schools to go against the TSSAA in a new organization. However, a strong majority of the schools could lobby for change within the TSSAA, and get something done. The two big complaints I have heard over the past 20 years have been money and the playoff methods. Most recently there has been a huge cry over the poor officiating. The only way to get change, is to have a huge majority of coaches/principals on the same page. I don't know any one person who can get this done. The coaches know what the real problems are. The coaches could get something done if they worked together. 

When you have a family member on the team that wins........