william blount vs farragut

in the game? like yall outplayed MHS in the 2nd half? half your pts were on a short field and other than 1-2 plays FHS controlled los throughout and didn't mean you said fhs was bad just that I said earlier that we weren't as bad as record

Short field??? You wanna talk about a short field? We squibbed it or kicked it on side pretty much every single time we kicked off. Farragut had great field position most of the night. The score was 28-17 at halftime, we were in the game. It should have been 28-21 at the half but we had that bad snap at the 1 yard line that set us back and had to settle for the field goal. That was our only goof of the first half, and we had zero turnovers. But in the 2nd half we had multiple turnovers,penalties, and injuries. It was just a disaster. That pick 6 started it off and things just snowballed from there.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed your coaches decided to squib it - so we started at the 40 almost every time 45--once  that's a 60 yard drive -short?  compared to your short 30 yd drive ? maybe but should have been 28-21? well then we should have 77 instead of 63 lol T Thomas housed 2 incredible runs that were called back on bs penalties I mean sympathy penalties  but have it your way it was REALLY tight in the first half  should of could of would of I get it

agreed your coaches decided to squib it - so we started at the 40 almost every time 45--once that's a 60 yard drive -short? compared to your short 30 yd drive ? maybe but should have been 28-21? well then we should have 77 instead of 63 lol T Thomas housed 2 incredible runs that were called back on bs penalties I mean sympathy penalties but have it your way it was REALLY tight in the first half should of could of would of I get it

So it's a sympathy penalty when you get called for holding when your players are holding? Lol

I just looked at the stats. The Govs had 409 yards of total offense to Farragut's 393. How in the world does a team outgain another team in total yards and still get beat by over 30 points? It all comes down to the fact that our offense hasn't been able to finish drives consistently and our defense can't make stops when it matters. When the Govs had that bad snap on the 1 yard line that made them settle for the field goal instead of getting the TD and the defense gave up that TD right before halftime, they found themselves in an 11 point hole, instead of being tied 21 all. If the game was tied at 21 that pick 6 wouldn't have been a dagger through the Govs heart. This just goes to show how much 1 or 2 bad plays can really make or break a team and how important it is to sell out for 48 minutes every friday night. The Govs haven't been able to do that yet this year and that's why they end up in the loss column more often than not. They just can't make plays when it really matters. They do not have the killer instinct that winning teams have. I hope they can change that.

Edited by Governors91

holding ? did you see the players they called for holding--lol on you then and you don't see how the yards gained could be that way and lose by 30  darn dude did you watch the game    WE WERE KILLING YOU so yall threw the heck out of it  and again lol at you for not checking stats before you run your mouth how many rushing yards you have-- 90 yds on at least 30 carries!  very simple one of us has been realistic on here and one is full of it(you btw) I told you in our original conversation that our dbs really struggled -looks like I new what I was talkin about  you maintained then and all week you would beat us even tho you had seen us play --still yet you cant admit your team got destroyed and even bullied in that game   wait 45 just made another tackle 63 points dude lol internet football guru---maybe see yall next year good luck to your team

IMO the offense is good enough to win 6 or 7 games a year. Defense is not very good at all. Young qb looked great in first half, dead on accurate and threw beautiful deep balls. Farragut kid made good play on pick 6 to start 2nd half. WB running back didn't flare out enough to take the end out of the play. QB pressed a little to much after the score widened trying to keep us in it. Overall the offense did enough to win the game if the D had showed up. Farragut looked a lot better than their record.

holding ? did you see the players they called for holding--lol on you then and you don't see how the yards gained could be that way and lose by 30 darn dude did you watch the game WE WERE KILLING YOU so yall threw the heck out of it and again lol at you for not checking stats before you run your mouth how many rushing yards you have-- 90 yds on at least 30 carries! very simple one of us has been realistic on here and one is full of it(you btw) I told you in our original conversation that our dbs really struggled -looks like I new what I was talkin about you maintained then and all week you would beat us even tho you had seen us play --still yet you cant admit your team got destroyed and even bullied in that game wait 45 just made another tackle 63 points dude lol internet football guru---maybe see yall next year good luck to your team

Dude,

I said we had 406 "total" yards to your 393 total yards. We had 88 rushing yards and over 300 passing yards. Passing yards count too ya know.

Edited by Governors91

IMO the offense is good enough to win 6 or 7 games a year. Defense is not very good at all. Young qb looked great in first half, dead on accurate and threw beautiful deep balls. Farragut kid made good play on pick 6 to start 2nd half. WB running back didn't flare out enough to take the end out of the play. QB pressed a little to much after the score widened trying to keep us in it. Overall the offense did enough to win the game if the D had showed up. Farragut looked a lot better than their record.

We have given up 70, 63, 48, and 30 + points multiple times this year. Has a WB defense ever given up this many points in a season? I know they haven't given up that many since I have been following them closely. But yea the young QB looked awesome and Hannah, Nuchols, Miller also made some good plays. So we have some reason for optimism if they can get their defensive issues worked out by next year.