knox central vs. cleveland

anspa

maryville people, what do you think of this game coming up? you all beat a somewhat different and unprepared cleveland team last year, and made some key mistakes in a close win to central this year. central has put up a great season and cleveland has found their rythem of late. im sure you guys will speak well of both teams in this response, as you all always have a lot of class even if yur talking about the worst team in the state, but how do u think this game will go and who do u predict to win? who would u like to play most and y? i do take into account that yall still have powell and u wont overlook them, but if the situation arises? i obviously like clevegas, so it might seem a bit biased, but i would pick cleveland by about 3 td's. i think it will be important for them to atack right away though, if this is to happen, again this is just my opinion, what do u believe?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central will have the quickest defense Cleveland has faced all year. Central has great athletes. Zach Helton does a good job running the offense. Cassen Jackson is a good tailback.The guy who is most dangerous is the fullback Martin. He is scary when he catches the ball out of the backfield. Chad Jackson is a scary athlete at wide receiver.

I haven't seen Cleveland but I do know that when Maryville jumped on them last year they layed down. It looks like Cleveland is playing a lot better now. Cleveland has great athletes also. I think it will be a great game. If Maryville can get by Powell I know they will have a hard time beating Central or Cleveland. Everybody will have a hard time beating Maryville too.

Anspa this should be a very interesting game. I know Cleveland is better than we saw last year. Central on the other hand is well coached with lots of good athletes. They are very good, particularly on defense. They will load the box, play upfield, create havoc, and put the pressure on the offense. Cleveland MUST have some sort of balance imo. Offensively Central is talented and the Jacksons are their big play threats. Martin (FB) and Young (WB) are also good. Helton their freshman QB is very competitive. Having the game at Cleveland will definately help them and I believe Cleveland has played a lot better non-regional schedule (Baylor and McCallie etc.). I believe this game will come back to the old cliche', "whoever has the least mistakes and wins UPFRONT will win". This should be a good'un and I'll be interested to see the result. Go Rebs.

I think it will be a great game and if Maryville was out of it I would be there. I expect Maryville will and can get by Powell because it is in Maryville, Milligan was stoped last time when he was healthy and Maryville's depth is becomming healthy and the "O" is fixed. No one will run over Maryville's defence. The D is effective 2 deep. I know they will and must have a good game to beat Central or Cleveland. Maryville will only be beat if they turn the ball over at the wrong time. I think Cleveland will beat Central in a close game because if conditioning and turn-overs. Cleveland 28-17. Go Rebs

i would pick central in this one basically because i know more about them than i do cleveland. i know barber is a good back but can they throw the ball also? if not they will have problems. central like rebelron said is solid defensively. they are not that big. their nose guard is 185 pounds but they are tough and lightning quick and fly to the football. if you cannot throw effectively on first down some you will be looking at a lot of second and long. playing at home will help cleveland but they must try to keep central's defense off balance somehow.

cleveland has more than barber, they also have sr. fb tyrese warren, and jay davis is the best overall player on the team, he plays well on special teams, and is the best defensive player, not to mention his offensive contributions, tim cooper is the new guy, he didnt play last yr to concentrate on bball, but is huge on defense, and was recently thrown into the offensive mix. cleveland lost all but one linemen last yr. drew helmstetter, who played guard, but they have come up with some talented young people and thus 5 straight wins, totaling 225-30.

barber is the most important offensive weapon cleveland has,

(for instance: with him cleveland is 6-1 with an average 38-7 win, scratch the opener 7-3 loss to baylor, and they average 44-6, without him cleveland is 2-2 and averages 17-16 ) but hes not the only weapon, hes just the confidence booster a team needs on the field.