Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

Didn't really wanna read through 18 pages, but has the OC from Clinton applied?  Can anyone confirm that he has or hasn't?  I agree with Mav on the bar being lowered and that being an attractive piece for a prospective young head coach.  It's also not like Powell has been a perennial doormat forever like many places either.  What that shows a coach is that there IS potential if he is willing to really put in the work.  Many coaches like the title and the perks of being a football coach, but in all reality are just eating up jobs and pay.  Powell seems like they need a grinder.  Someone who is willing to burn down the house if need be.  Someone patient enough to trust the process of doing it right.  

YES, but he isn't the front runner.

I'm assuming you know who is?  Even just a clue would be nice.  Local?  Out of town?  HC?  Coordinator?  Offensive or Defensive guy?

The word is its an HC, it was said they are keying in on three guys, an OC,DC and HC, two are from Knox area schools with the third being in the Knox area but a little further out, the HC from what I was told is the front runner.

YES, but he isn't the front runner.

The word is its an HC, it was said they are keying in on three guys, an OC,DC and HC, two are from Knox area schools with the third being in the Knox area but a little further out, the HC from what I was told is the front runner.

So RedD your saying Ellison is the OC from just outside the Knox area that has applied.  And that the other two are a DC and HC within Knox Co with the HC being the front runner, is that correct?

I'm not really a guy in the know as they say, I have a good friend that is close to the situation and he told me that info, I think the HC is the one outside the knox area I was talking about, I was considering the OC and DC more local, I am sure Powell is like any school they are taking a look at the applicants and have narrowed their wish list of possibilities to a few guys, doesn't mean its who they will get but feel that the guys they have  narrowed it down to gives them the package they are looking for, I wish them the best in the search.

I'm not really a guy in the know as they say, I have a good friend that is close to the situation and he told me that info, I think the HC is the one outside the knox area I was talking about, I was considering the OC and DC more local, I am sure Powell is like any school they are taking a look at the applicants and have narrowed their wish list of possibilities to a few guys, doesn't mean its who they will get but feel that the guys they have  narrowed it down to gives them the package they are looking for, I wish them the best in the search.

I have heard HC at Cocke Co., OC at Clinton & DC at South Doyle. If these are the candidates you are looking at an OC & DC that have helped rebuild the programs they are at & are coming off good seasons at their respected schools. The HC brings HC experience, but I am pretty sure the other two guys have that as well. Cocke Co. hasn't won many games under their HC, but he does have college coaching experience, so that makes his resume look good.

I think all 3 would be good hires & I am sure there are others that I are in the race, these are just a few I heard about....assuming my sources are correct.

I have heard HC at Cocke Co., OC at Clinton & DC at South Doyle. If these are the candidates you are looking at an OC & DC that have helped rebuild the programs they are at & are coming off good seasons at their respected schools. The HC brings HC experience, but I am pretty sure the other two guys have that as well. Cocke Co. hasn't won many games under their HC, but he does have college coaching experience, so that makes his resume look good.

I think all 3 would be good hires & I am sure there are others that I are in the race, these are just a few I heard about....assuming my sources are correct.

Ellison was the head coach at Wartburg before he became the OC at Clinton.

Slover isn't a candidate. The good people of Cocke County are keeping him stocked in White Lightning. He would be the best choice if he was though. Powell would out kick their coverage if they got him.

Pretty sure he is....I could be wrong though. Also, I could have sworn when I was watching West play in the championship game the other night that the commentator said West D coordinator was a candidate?