Big Games in Memphis - Week 9

kwc

I went with Liberty because of the injury bug that has decimated Millington's skill positions. First, they lose their Jr QB with a season ending injury, who had been the starter of that team since his freshman year. Then they lose their star So. RB to a season ending injury. He was the leading rusher in the srea when he went down. Then, the understudy RB goes down for the season as well. I just think that will be too much to overcome against a very good Liberty team that beat Henry County in the first game of the season

Unfortunately there's  a lot of truth in your analysis of the Trojans kwc. I believe the Trojans leading tackler is out this week also.  Not looking good.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that I am putting this out earlier than usuall, but I had already selected the games and thought ... why not? Week 9 will have ten (10) games that I've dubbed the Tantilizing Ten. We are almost at the end of the regular season and a lot of these games will affect seeding for the post season. Three of these games will be played on Thursday, October 23rd. The remainind seven (7) will be played on Friday night, October 24th.

At the current time, the Week 8 games are to be played, and trying to catch the leaders in BGIM is getting harder and harder. I personally need for some folks to go 'braindead' and select some losers for me to catch them. Let's see what I can come up with?

Big Games in Memphis - Week 9 (Tantilizing Ten)

Game 1: Munford @ Bartlett

Game 2: Central @ White Station

Game 3: Collierville @ Houston

Game 4: Cordova @ St. Benedict

Game 5: Craigmont @ MUS

Game 6: Ridgeway @ East*                     Ridgeway BLEW OUT East, 44 - 18... I slick saw that coming

Game 7: Harding @ St. George's

Game 8: Hillcrest vs Mitchell @ JP Frreman*    Upset city, Hilcrest WON 27-26

Game 9: Kirby @ Southwind **

Game 10: Manassas vs Trezevant @ Crump*   Purple Bears win easily 50-22

* = Game on Thursday, October 23rd

**= If Southwind loses to Wooddale on Oct. 17, this game will be removed from the BIGM Week 9 set of games.

Just trying to be helpful k-dub...

BTW, Whitehaven, who played their First of TWO varsity games this week tonight smashed Carver 41-0... With the likely win tomorrow against Hamilton, Whitehaven will be the Unofficial King of South Memphis  :mrgreen:   Just FYI

Just trying to be helpful k-dub...

BTW, Whitehaven, who played their First of TWO varsity games this week tonight smashed Carver 41-0... With the likely win tomorrow against Hamilton, Whitehaven will be the Unofficial King of South Memphis :mrgreen: Just FYI

Wait did I read that correct? Are they playing two games in two days? I wondered how they were gonna make up for that dbl bye week. Was this a stat game for starters or did they let the JV get some reps?

Is the ridgeway/east game being aired on radio?

bottomwriter:

I know you were/are interested in this game because you are a Henry County supporter and you want to see how East stacks up with HC with a common opponent. Fortunately, Ridgeway football has a media guy who keeps his website updated after each game with a game recap, special performances by Ridgeway players, and he is responsible for video recording the games. After each Ridgeway game he puts out a Youtube highlight of tyhe game. WHat I particularly like about LC (The Ridgeway football website regulator/media manager) is thet he doesn't slant the highlights. He shows the good plays for both teams. offensively and defensively. He does a very good job of capsulizing the game in a seven to eight minute highlight video. I've posted the Ridgeway/East game's highlights that LC put on their website below. Enjoy.

Ridgeway vs East 2014

The game stats below are courtesy of the Commercial Appeal.

At Fairgrounds

RIDGEWAY 44, EAST 18

East 0 6 6 6—18

Ridgeway 17 7 7 13—44

Rid — Earl Harrison 14 run (Jonah Roberts kick)

Rid — Katavious Taylor 45 pass from Braxton Conard (Jonah Roberts kick)

Rid — Jonah Roberts 26 FG

Rid — Earl Harrison 4 run (Jonah Roberts kick)

E — DeVante Turner 1 run (kick failed)

Rid — Katavious Taylor 76 pass from Braxton Conard (Jonah Roberts kick)

E — DeVante Turner 70 run (pass failed)

Rid — Earl Harrison 26 run (kick failed)

Rid — Lilotis Walker 14 pass from Tyrique Sandusky (Jonah Roberts kick)

E — Timothy Taylor 11 run (run failed)

E Rid

First downs 21 20

Net yards rushing 188 291

Net yards passing 183 188

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — East, DeVante Turner 20-119. Ridgeway, Earl Harrison 17-199, Lilotis Walker 11-92.

PASSING — East, Eric Banks 15-23-183-2. Ridgeway, Braxton Conard 7-11-188-0.

RECEIVING — Ridgeway, Katavious Taylor 3-130.

RECORDS — East 6-3, Ridgeway 8-1.

Edited by kwc

What's up with East? Chemistry issues? I thought they were returning most of last year's starters?

I don't know. I haven't heard if they are missing any people to injury. I know their skill position guys still seem to be in place. Could be chemistry. Could be they miss some of the senior leadership from last year. Could be a number of things. I'm not close enough to the program to know anything.

Edited by kwc

Wait did I read that correct? Are they playing two games in two days? I wondered how they were gonna make up for that dbl bye week. Was this a stat game for starters or did they let the JV get some reps?

Yes, you read correctly. They played last night and they play tonight. (Hamilton) Early in the season cityballers video recorded Josh McMillon's verbal comittment to Bama. In that filming instant they did an interview with coach Saulsberry. Coach stated in that interview that Whitehaven had contracted to play a game against a large private school called St. Ignatious out of Ohio (I think it's in Dayton). That was to be the annual TRAVEl game out of state against a really good team that Whitehaven has been doing over the past three years. However, for some reason I can't remember, that game fell through and it got canceled at the 11th hour. Meanwhile, Carver had entered into contract to play either MUS or CBHS, I can't remember which, but the school  decided, for whatever reason, that they didn't want to play the game anymore. So they and Carver agreed to pay Carver to release them from the contract. Thus, Carver needed a game and Whitehaven needed a game, but to make it work, the game had to be played last night, before the scheduled Hamilton game.

That's my understanding of the scheduling quirk and how it manifested.

Edited by kwc