Science Hill/DB. Halloween Showdown.

Aussie2TN

We can beat m.east and playing the hill without the turnovers and first qtr jitters, its very possible !

"We can" you are correct. But I think any DB fan should know by now that going into the playoffs we're no better than even ground with whoever we play. I wouldn't be confident playing Sullivan Central in a playoff game. Sounds crazy don't it. Mo. East on paper doesn't look like a team to worry about. Just the type team we seem to have the most trouble with in t playoffs. Their season doesn't look that impressive but they did play South Doyle (10-0) down to the wire. So their capable. East beat us last year and I don't think DB has ever beat them in a playoff game. Ad in the two or three turnovers and host of stupid penalties that are sure to happen and the fact that our defense is just terrible and .....well you get the picture. Do I have you worried yet?

I will go on a limb here...but McGue (to me) isn't as good a QB as Reed Hayes. McGue can make things happen but the offense is so much better when they spread the ball around and use their speed and power to wear a team out. #11 ran the ball twice in the second half and look how the offense performed. They can do so much with so many you can't relax. The run by Mathes was a back breaker. Then Bedard getting the ball every play on the last drive. They knew he was coming and still couldn't tackle him. As last year, I thought DB was tired on defense.

Edited by hssportsfanatic

DB - Relax guys, you beat MoEast by 15-20 points and get another shot at your nemesis on 11/14 in Johnson City.

About last nights game...     in the 1st half the Hill's Defensive Backs (hereafter known as DB's, not to be confused with DB the school) were playing directly on the line with no safety.    That said to me that the Hill's DB's do not respect DB's downfield passing game.    I can't believe DB's coaches did not pick up on this and try to go deep.    If I was DB I would spend the next 2 weeks working on breaking receivers past the DB's and going deep.

I don't know if the defense was tired or just not strong enough to get off blocks. It wasn't like Bedard was doing anything special anybody could of got about the same yards he was getting. He was just hitting the hole that was open.

Yes of course any kid that has ever strapped on the pads could come off a high ankle sprain that keeps them out 4 weeks, come back and basically play the game on one leg and with the need to control the ball carry it 7 times and make a 41 yard run where he makes three players miss, runs over another then cuts back across the field to score to put his team up 14.  Yes nothing special about that kids effort last night anyone could do that...