Science Hill/DB. Halloween Showdown.

Aussie2TN

Science Hill made the plays in the end. They have such a combination with Bedard and then their speed. The entire play with McGue scrambling and finding Mathes who used his speed to break it was a top 10 play of the year.

Last year DB got tired in the 4th and I think this year the same. The illegal down field really hurt.

I was impressed by both kicking games. At this level a solid kicking game is such a weapon.

I was impressed by both teams. I was impressed with the way SH came out and made a big statement going up 21-0. I was impressed with DB coming back and making a great game of it. And I was again impressed with the Toppers for holding on and making the plays there at the end to secure the W. There is a ton of talent on both teams.

With Bedard showing some major skills at the RB position this season, do you think he might stick solely to that next season or do you think he takes over at QB? We'll certainly miss Malik and everything he does for us next season but man, Bedard is a good one and I'm glad we've got him for another year.

Edited by Aussie2TN

Final. SH-49 DB-35 And the new streak continues! SH Hilltoppers back-to-back District Champions!

Big ups to DB on a good game.

I think we need 3 before we can claim a "streak"...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=vUtUVI_ZD4KjyASckoL4Bw&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DDnVrSZHnvYY&ved=0CB8QuAIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNFWKiSbZG4x-sknimuTNc08uyOYQQ&sig2=xNPiaE3EunfWOdjzKMgSpw

Edited by voltnh

Thats they play our d corrdinator went crazy about " funny thing is is he never called out a player on d or talked to any "he was just wanting to be playing i guess..i really think after that the players gave up..oh and the players saw him!

I agree. Both teams have the offense to go far in the playoffs. Their defenses, however, will hold them back from making any significant noise.

How about that HUGE 3rd down conversion to Elijah Mathes to go up 42-35. What a catch and what a run afterwards! Mathes is a Junior, correct? The kid is a baller.

Lol.... not!!

You're probably right, but he has accomplished things at SH that haven't been done since the '80's and early '90's. It wasn't too long ago when many of the DB faithful here believed that Carter would never beat DB, no matter what school he coached at. Nothing wrong with giving props when they're due.

I was impressed by both teams. I was impressed with the way SH came out and made a big statement going up 21-0. I was impressed with DB coming back and making a great game of it. And I was again impressed with the Toppers for holding on and making the plays there at the end to secure the W. There is a ton of talent on both teams.

With Bedard showing some major skills at the RB position this season, do you think he might stick solely to that next season or do you think he takes over at QB? We'll certainly miss Malik and everything he does for us next season but man, Bedard is a good one and I'm glad we've got him for another year.

Hear me out but I think they will be fine. McGue is very good but they are so much better when they (SHHS) spread the ball around. They can score so many ways but the best dividend is wearing down an opponent at the end of the game.

I do have to give some grace to some of shills players , but dang soph king russell for DB is freaking a baller !! I think the few runs he had put any run on the night to shame !

He's certainly very good but I was more impressed with Thompson for you guys. And I thought the best RB on the field tonight was Bedard for us. No bias either despite what I'm sure some are thinking. He just had a huge game for us. 

After battling a bad sinus infection most of the week I decided to stay home tonight. It was either that or go and catch pneumonia. Sounds like the Toppers got off to a quick start and then lost some focus. That's been very typical of them all season. Get a big lead early and then lose focus and let the other team back in it. Not taking anything away from DB because they've battled back though.

Any update on McGue? Heard he was limping after that last Topper touchdown.

Ive probably got it already.Great game and both can take a lot of positive into next week