Week 10- Dresden @ Huntingdon

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dresden looked like a different team against uc. They definitely improved. Not going to get into the frat brawl comment unless I was face to face. But If rang is there for 4 years I will be happy for the team. If not.... Should be fun watching next hiring process.

Coach Rang is adjusting to the Lions and the Lions are adjusting to Coach. Coaching Dresden has really helped him. Beat the Mustangs

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to say this I want Huntingdon to win but wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get mercy ruled in week 10 dodged a bullet last 2 games.  Game is for 2nd place in district I believe so it is still very important.  Come on mustangs finish season strong Dresden a good team lets make it a ball game.

Does Dresden still do fireworks?  If so might wanna buy some hope we can spoil you from it though.  Time to put Pearson out there.  Just sayin

should be a good game. Stangs will play hard. Lions needs to try to get a lead. Quincy has developed into a good qb and has improved. Throwing better and has had a good yr running the ball.  Very good athete.

Edited by wingman10

Guest hevyrevy1611

Hevy under normal circumstances I would be pulling for the Lions in this game but I am afraid that I must pull for the mustangs. LC needs the 3 seed and will get it with a win and a Dresden lose. If the lions lose that would make them a four seed and a win gives them a two seed.

hehe.. I understand. Go Falcons! :) And methinks if we lose, and LC wins out (again, congrats on handily beating S.Fulton!), Falcons would be #2 seed. Who else would it be? Unless they bring in another team from a diff Quad, with top 24 teams in 1A going, (6 per Quad), our Quad's four districts (13, 14, 15, 16) have only 5 teams, whereas Quad 1 has 7 qualifying teams. Will they put teams in other quads in ours I wonder? But in our Quad's regions, looking at playoff map, yeah, it's LC at #2 with a Lion lose imo. Unless there's a rule against two teams from same district being #1 & #2 seeds? I confused, as usual, ha, but IF we win, that'd settle all 'What If' scenarios. For many years going back, this year is our best chance to beat our bully nemesis, Stangs are tanking and we are peaking. Hope we do win! It'd be a great big feather in the cap for our new coach too! If we #2, & y'all #3, big chance we'll be meeting up in playoffs. Oh my, that'd be sumin IF that happens.. hope our players keep their cools for both teams and not repeat our scrimmage hot-headedness, ejections in playoffs would be devastating. Well, sorry, I exceeded my coacht alloted word limit. Probably get warning points, or bashed around. LOL.

Guest hevyrevy1611

I am going to say this I want Huntingdon to win but wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get mercy ruled in week 10 dodged a bullet last 2 games. Game is for 2nd place in district I believe so it is still very important. Come on mustangs finish season strong Dresden a good team lets make it a ball game.

Does Dresden still do fireworks? If so might wanna buy some hope we can spoil you from it though. Time to put Pearson out there. Just sayin

Yes Kermit.. fireworks we got.. on the field, ha, and after a win at home. Don't think mustangs will let us set up the display on their turf though. Unless we do it from the parking lot. lol. Man, us beating 'Stangs would be worthy of a HUGE celebratory display! We got a chance, but will we pull it off? Time will tell!

Guest hevyrevy1611

should be a good game. Stangs will play hard. Lions needs to try to get a lead. Quincy has developed into a good qb and has improved. Throwing better and has had a good yr running the ball. Very good athete.

In one of his interviews (The Ticket show, Freeagent's program), Rang said Quincy will have a 1,000-1,000 yard season for running-passing. Not bad for somebody who never played that spot! But without our biggies doing their thing in the trenches, throw them stats away. Everyone is getting better for sure! After spinning our wheels at first and sputtering some, we finally got this steam engine chugging along now, so pour on more wood, stoke the fire, throw that throttle wide open! Go team!

hehe.. I understand. Go Falcons! :) And methinks if we lose, and LC wins out (again, congrats on handily beating S.Fulton!), Falcons would be #2 seed. Who else would it be? Unless they bring in another team from a diff Quad, with top 24 teams in 1A going, (6 per Quad), our Quad's four districts (13, 14, 15, 16) have only 5 teams, whereas Quad 1 has 7 qualifying teams. Will they put teams in other quads in ours I wonder? But in our Quad's regions, looking at playoff map, yeah, it's LC at #2 with a Lion lose imo. Unless there's a rule against two teams from same district being #1 & #2 seeds? I confused, as usual, ha, but IF we win, that'd settle all 'What If' scenarios. For many years going back, this year is our best chance to beat our bully nemesis, Stangs are tanking and we are peaking. Hope we do win! It'd be a great big feather in the cap for our new coach too! If we #2, & y'all #3, big chance we'll be meeting up in playoffs. Oh my, that'd be sumin IF that happens.. hope our players keep their cools for both teams and not repeat our scrimmage hot-headedness, ejections in playoffs would be devastating. Well, sorry, I exceeded my coacht alloted word limit. Probably get warning points, or bashed around. LOL.

It would be Bruceton because of overall record.

been a while since I had one..last time I was over in Hollow Rock, I had a pizza sub

Their subs are good too I think they are better than subways but that is just my opinion Im more of a pizza person anyway.

Back on the subject, Dresden Lion fans how good is your quarterback compared to the one that left for memphis.  Is he a good one too, average or are you guys a running team not seen any dresden games so I was wondering.

Hey Kermit, what's going on with Huntingdon? I really thought they were going to be one of the top 3 teams in west Tn 2A and still think they can be. I don't think Huntingdon will be an easy out if they play ball. As an outside observer something just doesn't seem right with the team. Initially, I thought you would win easily over Dresden but not sure now. Granted, all of your losses have been against really strong teams but I really thought you might be 7-2 at this point. Obviously nobody around here is going to beat Union City so I didnt think much about that loss but I have been surprised at the McKenzie and Milan losses. Hope y'all get it figured out. We were looking forward to a possible matchup in the playoffs. It would be two totally different teams which makes it a lot of fun! Good luck the rest of the way.

Hey Kermit, what's going on with Huntingdon? I really thought they were going to be one of the top 3 teams in west Tn 2A and still think they can be. I don't think Huntingdon will be an easy out if they play ball. As an outside observer something just doesn't seem right with the team. Initially, I thought you would win easily over Dresden but not sure now. Granted, all of your losses have been against really strong teams but I really thought you might be 7-2 at this point. Obviously nobody around here is going to beat Union City so I didnt think much about that loss but I have been surprised at the McKenzie and Milan losses. Hope y'all get it figured out. We were looking forward to a possible matchup in the playoffs. It would be two totally different teams which makes it a lot of fun! Good luck the rest of the way.

Thank you maybe we can make some adjustments, we cant cover the pass good, also when we lost our center to Camden it was a big hit as he was a great blocker.  Since we lost him, people been going to try to block through the middle because the backup center is a terrible blocker.  He isnt ready to be center and blocking but thats how injuries work.  We can't cover the deep pass at all though.  Our defense looked great first few weeks but I dont think no one really tried much on the deep pass on us.  Most of our team starters and some that should be starting but are not like pearson on offense.  It still wouldnt stop the other team from scoring however it would help a lot cause he would be putting points on the board for us.  I need to get list of the stats for the Huntingdon Milan game.  

Reason I am talking bout coaching earlier in season is they need to rile them up, earlier this season I said Swenson was a ok coach but not a good one  is cause of some mistakes he makes I wasnt really bashing him this was when they were still winning.  Now it seems most fanbase is ticked with him.  I thought he was a good enough coach to prepare for a passing game when you got 2 weeks and to make halftime adjustments and have players riled up to play 2nd half of that game and milan game.  If you cant get team riled up for their rivalries there is something wrong.

One more thing TCAIntense I bet you are laughing about a post someone said in week 1 or 2 I believe about someone saying your passing game wouldnt be a threat against us.  A quarterback like yours can def get them a shot at making state.  If we cant cover pass against McKenzie and Milan no hope against TCA.  Maybe Swenson will change lineup a bit this week and figure out way to cover pass at least have some luck on it.

I just hope they dont lie down.  If we could keep up with Dresden I will be happy cause Dresden has got it together and are a good team.  I still think we are better than we are putting out.  Lets make a game out of this weeks game.  Mustangs it is for 2nd in the district.  Lets make some noise and play some football.

1 more thing I thought they were a top 3 in West TN as well with TCA and Adamsville.  Not giving up hope on that just yet my complaints are more for tough love and I dont think they are out just yet.  If we can get things together this week you never know how far you can go.  I remember the 1999 team losing 4 games and making state so anything is possible, but you guys def gotta play better.  No bye week in playoffs will prob help us.  It didn't do much favors last year and it gave us a diff team this year.  Come on mustangs a quarterfinal contest would show you didnt give up so dont lets play a couple more weeks and go from there.  First things first watch your tape and do your routes this week against Dresden watch for pass and run it down their throats.  GO MUSTANGS!!!

Edited by KermitDeeFrog

Their subs are good too I think they are better than subways but that is just my opinion Im more of a pizza person anyway.

Back on the subject, Dresden Lion fans how good is your quarterback compared to the one that left for memphis.  Is he a good one too, average or are you guys a running team not seen any dresden games so I was wondering.

Kermit,

Just my opinion from a long way off, I'll give you my two cents on the QB that left and Quincy. When it comes to throwing the ball Dresser is by far the better QB but Quincy is getting much better each game. When it comes to running the ball, Quincy is by far better than Dresser. He is quick and shifty while running. I think Q has developed into a good QB and will only get better. That's why I've said we would be hard to deal with if someone was throwing Q the ball in the flat. Dresser could run when needed to, but when he did, I was always worried he would get hurt, he looks like a throwing QB trying to run. If you know what I mean. Quincy is built more like a runner. Dresden, if they could build a good line (most are seniors this year), will have the skill players to hang with anyone in the next three years. Just my opinion, and we all know what are opinions are like.