Smith County @ Macon County

Hsfootballnut

There you go again. I thought you have stopped that for a while. Talking from both sides of your mouth again.

SC lost to a 5-5 PC because of a weak schedule (according to you) I may be wrong but it would seem to me, if you don't want to play a weak schedule, you have to play a tougher schedule, THAT IS, if those better teams will play you. AND if you have UCM's crystal ball to see how good lil johnny is going to be in 2-3 years.White House stopped playing SC, Wetmoreland stopped playing SC, and on and on....

Put any kind of spin you want to on it. That's what you do. " It was the schedule, too tough, too soft, weak scrimmages...., etc" but the fact remains, SC has lost 4 (could be 5) games in the last 2 years they should have won.

there is a diffrence between good hard winable games scheduled like Westmoreland and White House......or auto matic loses with Alcoa and Cookeville. Should 10-0 SC have played 0-10 Mcminnville instead of say Goodpasture or Friendship...no. That don't mean go to extremes. I think UH needs to drop Clay and Gordonsville. Maybe pick up Stone, White Co, Trousdale, or White House type team to fill those two spors. That's not saying they need to go schedule Ensworth and Fulton. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a diffrence between good hard winable games scheduled like Westmoreland and White House......or auto matic loses with Alcoa and Cookeville. Should 10-0 SC have played 0-10 Mcminnville instead of say Goodpasture or Friendship...no. That don't mean go to extremes. I think UH needs to drop Clay and Gordonsville. Maybe pick up Stone, White Co, Trousdale, or White House type team to fill those two spors. That's not saying they need to go schedule Ensworth and Fulton.

Gordonsville is not a bad team to have on your schedule because they're usually a pretty good team but Clay and even Jackson probably needs to be dropped because they aren't helping your team anymore. It's kind of what I was saying in the Clay/Macon thread.

Gordonsville is not a bad team to have on your schedule because they're usually a pretty good team but Clay and even Jackson probably needs to be dropped because they aren't helping your team anymore. It's kind of what I was saying in the Clay/Macon thread.

Jackson 2a/ Upperman 3a is a big rivarley even though is slanted now to UH. More so than 1a Gordonsville is. They do need to drop Clay and add a TC or Stone Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Guest Termite

The Goat sez: You tell'em Termite, Uncle Jimmy was trying his best to schedule tough opponents the whole while he was at Carthage. He played Pearl Cohn almost annually!

Played.......didn't schedule. 1 and 2 against PC.

Guest Termite

there is a diffrence between good hard winable games scheduled like Westmoreland and White House......or auto matic loses with Alcoa and Cookeville. Should 10-0 SC have played 0-10 Mcminnville instead of say Goodpasture or Friendship...no. That don't mean go to extremes. I think UH needs to drop Clay and Gordonsville. Maybe pick up Stone, White Co, Trousdale, or White House type team to fill those two spors. That's not saying they need to go schedule Ensworth and Fulton.

Those "good hard winnable games" requires the OTHER team willingness to play.  Do you think Baxter would have played SC the past 15 years if they didn't have too. Looking at their past schedule I'd guess not.\

LOL....Upperman wins a total of 11 games from 2009 till last year. They beat Gordonsville 2 times and are upgrading. I live here and really don't know, so tell me, what will G-ville have next year, or the next? How bout White County, TC or White House, What will they have?   Heck fire SC played White County 2 years, and got blistered for a weak non district schedule. White House dropped SC, Westmoreland wouldn't play SC, Oh, and by the way Friendship wouldn't play SC either.

Those "good hard winnable games" requires the OTHER team willingness to play.  Do you think Baxter would have played SC the past 15 years if they didn't have too. Looking at their past schedule I'd guess not.\

LOL....Upperman wins a total of 11 games from 2009 till last year. They beat Gordonsville 2 times and are upgrading. I live here and really don't know, so tell me, what will G-ville have next year, or the next? How bout White County, TC or White House, What will they have?   Heck fire SC played White County 2 years, and got blistered for a weak non district schedule. White House dropped SC, Westmoreland wouldn't play SC, Oh, and by the way Friendship wouldn't play SC either.

For the record, Westmoreland begged SC to play us and they refused. We might try to get y'all to play us the next couple of years but then again I doubt the crowd from SC would fill the White House Heritage Park bench they have on the visitors side due to the way the owls are stinking it up this year. We want good teams with fan bases that don't down there players and coaches on our schedule.

For the record, Westmoreland begged SC to play us and they refused. We might try to get y'all to play us the next couple of years but then again I doubt the crowd from SC would fill the White House Heritage Park bench they have on the visitors side due to the way the owls are stinking it up this year. We want good teams with fan bases that don't down there players and coaches on our schedule.

Total LIE - Westie dropped SC.