1A Coach of the Year

HornetKiller

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's from Macon. I don't believe he coaches at Trousdale, but I do believe he assisted at Macon. I don't even know of he played football in high school, he may have but I don't know. I remember him playing baseball because he was a senior when I was a freshman. Before the last couple of years I knew of him but I didn't really know him. When he asked me to announce the football games this year he invited me up for a media day type of thing and talked to me about the football team a bit and showed me the changes he made in the field house and the field itself and I was shocked by how nice everything looks compared to when I played. He's has done a very good job so far!

If this is RBS's first year EVER in the playoffs,Coach Shoulders deserves the trophy HANDS DOWN!

These years rbs team has 4 seniors,a freshman quarterback, and 2 sophomore running backs. They can block as good as they can move the ball. Their line is playing a big roll in their success. A lot of them are playing both sides of the ball and special teams. They seem to be improving as the year goes on and haven't yet to peak. The whole team is playing with heart. This is their family. Seem to be more happy when their brother does something good as they do if they done it them selves. Shoulders is doing good job keeping them focused and grounded.

No way anyone but rbs deserves this award. Huntland was terrible the past several years under the same coach. He has absolutely zero to do with huntlands turn around. Their offensive coordinator from Franklin county gets all the credit there.

The RBS coach should certainly be in the discussion and despite what you think the Huntland coach does as well. I agree the O-coordinator has made a difference, but the Huntland D is much better than they have been, as well as their special teams. To say NO ONE but the RBS coach deserves this is just not true. I agree he prob does deserve this, but so do a few other coaches. Lets look at the numbers.

RBS is 6-3, their losses came from a 6-3 team, a 4-5 team, and a 4-5 team

their wins came from teams that were: 0-10, 1-8, 4-5, 0-9, 3-6, and 2-7

loosing teams combined record 10-45

overall records: 24-58

Huntland is 8-1, their loss came against a 9-0 team

their wins came from teams that are: 3-6, 5-4, 3-6, 2-7, 6-3, 4-6, 2-7, and 0-9

loosing teams combined record 25-48

overall records 34-48

RBS hasn't beaten a team with just an even record and Huntland has beaten 2 teams with a winning record. RBS has beaten 2 teams with 3 or more wins, Huntland has beaten 5 teams with 3 or more wins.

Records do not always tell the story, but numbers never lie. It is amazing that RBS will be in the playoffs; however if you get there by beating the bottom of the barrel and other "like" teams did a better job they should at least be in the same conversation (as far as awards go).

Not trying to disprespect RBS (or their fans) only trying to show why another coach could possibally win.

The RBS coach should certainly be in the discussion and despite what you think the Huntland coach does as well. I agree the O-coordinator has made a difference, but the Huntland D is much better than they have been, as well as their special teams. To say NO ONE but the RBS coach deserves this is just not true. I agree he prob does deserve this, but so do a few other coaches. Lets look at the numbers.

RBS is 6-3, their losses came from a 6-3 team, a 4-5 team, and a 4-5 team

their wins came from teams that were: 0-10, 1-8, 4-5, 0-9, 3-6, and 2-7

loosing teams combined record 10-45

overall records: 24-58

Huntland is 8-1, their loss came against a 9-0 team

their wins came from teams that are: 3-6, 5-4, 3-6, 2-7, 6-3, 4-6, 2-7, and 0-9

loosing teams combined record 25-48

overall records 34-48

RBS hasn't beaten a team with just an even record and Huntland has beaten 2 teams with a winning record. RBS has beaten 2 teams with 3 or more wins, Huntland has beaten 5 teams with 3 or more wins.

Records do not always tell the story, but numbers never lie. It is amazing that RBS will be in the playoffs; however if you get there by beating the bottom of the barrel and other "like" teams did a better job they should at least be in the same conversation (as far as awards go).

Not trying to disprespect RBS (or their fans) only trying to show why another coach could possibally win.

The difference is those bottom of the barrel teams usually beat them,you are right numbers can be decieving even the way you put them on here.When a team makes the llayoffs for the first time EVER it DOES trump the otber coaches.I have no dog in the fight have never even seen what their helmets look like,but i have heard for many yrs how bad they have been.Throw the coach a bone he deserves it!!

RBS hasn't had a winning season since 1978 and this will be the first time in school history that RBS has made the playoffs. RBS may even win a game in the playoffs. Kyle Shoulders should be coach of the year ....

Yea I do not disagree with either of you, and I agree "first time ever" means a LOT. I was just trying to show why another coach "could" be in concideration.

Heck I do not even like the Huntland coach (do not know him personally - but have my reasons), I do not hate him as I do not know him. I do think Huntland has done one heck of a job this year.

Again I do not disagree that Coach Shoulders should win it; however I do see where others could be in concideration. I also beleive that if the Huntland coach wasn't concidered it would not be just. (not actuall win it but at least looked at for the award).