1A Coach of the Year

HornetKiller

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Huntland coach should be at the top of the list; if he is not at least in the final few.....this is a sham.

Huntland has not had a winning season since 06 (I think), and has had some really bad seasons along the way. Now I agree that is not the best resume, but this is a year by year award. If you win 3 games last year and 1 game the year before, then you take your team to 9-1 or 8-2 that is pretty darn good (beating teams you have not beaten in many years along the way).

He's from Macon. I don't believe he coaches at Trousdale, but I do believe he assisted at Macon. I don't even know of he played football in high school, he may have but I don't know. I remember him playing baseball because he was a senior when I was a freshman. Before the last couple of years I knew of him but I didn't really know him. When he asked me to announce the football games this year he invited me up for a media day type of thing and talked to me about the football team a bit and showed me the changes he made in the field house and the field itself and I was shocked by how nice everything looks compared to when I played. He's has done a very good job so far!