The Ridge @ Anderson County (Thursday Night 30th)

SweetScience

Kicker Brandon Nickle has several D1 schools interested in him. If I'm not mistaking it's schools like Miami, Va Tech and several others. Only a matter of time now and there will be more

Oh yeah. Nickle will go D1. He is only a JR and kicked 90-95% of kickoffs in the EZ this year and not just EZ but out of the EZ just about. Has missed what? 1 FG all year? Made numerous 40+ yarders and another year to strengthen his leg? Oh yeah. Speaking of Wildcats getting D1 offers I saw Jason Mcaddley @ work today. Former Wildcat, Alabama Crimson Tide player, and NFL player. Doing well for himself. He is a Pharmacist in AZ now if anyone remembers J-Mac from those Mid 90's OR teams.

I liked Scott Blade. I thought he was a great football coach. I am soooooo greatful that my son gets to play for Joe Gaddis and staff. So, the following is distasteful, but I'll let everyone draw there own conclusions. From newspaper and television reporting:

Ex-Canyon assistant Blade doing Tennessee waltz

Posted on October 31, 2006 by Gerry Gittelson

You better believe it was a tough decision this past summer for former Canyon High football defensive coordinator Scott Blade to leave his beloved Cowboys for his first head coaching job – all the way across the country at Hillsboro High in Nashville, Tenn.

So Blade was an ASSISTANT at Canyon (5 years) and left prior to the 2006 season.

2006 CIF State Championship Bowl Games

Division I Championship: Canyon (11-2) vs. De La Salle (13-0)

This state title game was played on December 16, 2006. Scott Blade was the Head Coach at Hillsboro on that date.

Interview with Canyon Head Coach Harry Welch:

Signal: You've been doing this a long time — 18 years at Canyon. Of all the victories in your career, when you beat Concord De La Salle in the state championship game, was that one the most special?

Welch: It was the most significant. Every one is very special. Each year (throughout) the 18 years I've been the head coach at Canyon High School — each year had its own identity, and there are young men on each of those teams that I admire completely and know that they'll be great contributors to our community. Every one of them has given a whole lot.
    But winning the first state championship in 79 years is historic. It rallied the entire community together. It certainly made Canyon High School and the Cowboy Football program feel just terrific. The resonance of this victory was felt throughout the state. I've gotten feedback from people from across America. It was historic, in the small world of high school football. But this probably will be the most significant.

Enough about his two titles in two states!

If you don"t  believe me, do your own research.

Edited by OR nole

Of course he did and all games but two. To be honest, he played more varsity ball his freshman year than you did your whole life. Thanks for asking. Now, a piece of serious advice, don't EVER mention my son again.

man, I was just making sure that everyone got to play. I know that OR had a lot of running backs .

I liked Scott Blade. I thought he was a great football coach. I am soooooo greatful that my son gets to play for Joe Gaddis and staff. So, the following is distasteful, but I'll let everyone draw there own conclusions. From newspaper and television reporting:

You better believe it was a tough decision this past summer for former Canyon High football defensive coordinator Scott Blade to leave his beloved Cowboys for his first head coaching job – all the way across the country at Hillsboro High in Nashville, Tenn.

So Blade was an ASSISTANT at Canyon (5 years) and left prior to the 2006 season.

This state title game was played on December 16, 2006. Scott Blade was the Head Coach at Hillsboro on that date.

Signal: You've been doing this a long time — 18 years at Canyon. Of all the victories in your career, when you beat Concord De La Salle in the state championship game, was that one the most special?

Welch: It was the most significant. Every one is very special. Each year (throughout) the 18 years I've been the head coach at Canyon High School — each year had its own identity, and there are young men on each of those teams that I admire completely and know that they'll be great contributors to our community. Every one of them has given a whole lot.

But winning the first state championship in 79 years is historic. It rallied the entire community together. It certainly made Canyon High School and the Cowboy Football program feel just terrific. The resonance of this victory was felt throughout the state. I've gotten feedback from people from across America. It was historic, in the small world of high school football. But this probably will be the most significant.

If you don"t  believe me, do your own research.

So much for Blade being a HC in California and winning two state titles.

If you don"t believe me, do your own research.

assistants are not part of the team??? Man you are reaching..They are as much a part of the team as a Sixth string running back is. Edited by Ranger7