Springfield Yellow Jackets visits Clarksville High Wildcats

TheCommissioner

Coach Shelby didn't upset HC, in my opinion. He had the better team when he beat us with Jalen Reeves-Maybin.

SEC I think your memory is a little weak on this point.

You are the one that started the thread:

Henry Co. @ Clarksville Northeast on Thursday Night Lights Started by SEC1rules, Sep 22 2012 01:36 PM

And her are just a few comments from it. Please Note the last one from the THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!

Red Warrior

Henry County by as much as we want to and remember I said it first. This district is WEAK and we are good. We won't be tested until round three.

You are delirious. HC wins this game by 4-5 TDs.............NO CONTEST!

MSU Racer

I'm looking forward to this one. Lots of good players and athletes on display for both sides. I think line play will be the difference. Late in the game when depth and conditioning kicks in, I'll say we pull away to a tune of 34-20.

SEC1rules

I think this is a close game with HC pulling away in the 4th. Hilliard, Henderson, & Donaldson will put alot of pressure on the NE D. JRM will do the same to HC. Do they have other plamakers or is he a one man show?

Yanker

HC 44 - NE 14

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEC I think your memory is a little weak on this point.

You are the one that started the thread: Henry Co. @ Clarksville Northeast on Thursday Night Lights Started by SEC1rules, Sep 22 2012 01:36 PM

And her are just a few comments from it. Please Note the last one from the THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!

Red Warrior

Henry County by as much as we want to and remember I said it first. This district is WEAK and we are good. We won't be tested until round three.

You are delirious. HC wins this game by 4-5 TDs.............NO CONTEST!

MSU Racer

I'm looking forward to this one. Lots of good players and athletes on display for both sides. I think line play will be the difference. Late in the game when depth and conditioning kicks in, I'll say we pull away to a tune of 34-20.

SEC1rules

I think this is a close game with HC pulling away in the 4th. Hilliard, Henderson, & Donaldson will put alot of pressure on the NE D. JRM will do the same to HC. Do they have other plamakers or is he a one man show?

Yanker

HC 44 - NE 14

If you've previously noticed, Red Warrior & The Yanker almost always pick HC big. My comments were "I believe it's a close one & HC pulls away late but JRN would put a lot of pressure on us". That's hardly an upset and NE did have the better team. They went to the semis & HC lost in the 1st round. We can agree to disagree but I don't think that was an upset. If anything, those 2 teams were evenly matched.

In hindsight it wasn't an upset, but back then almost all had HC picked to win.

HC is the measuring stick in 10AAA ball. So anytime a Clarksville team beats them, it could almost be considered an upset.

I'm just yacking away because my season is about to end, so I need to get it all in this week.

In hindsight it wasn't an upset, but back then almost all had HC picked to win.

HC is the measuring stick in 10AAA ball. So anytime a Clarksville team beats them, it could almost be considered an upset.

I'm just yacking away because my season is about to end, so I need to get it all in this week.

Can't argue with statement 2.

I read in the leaf chronicle (take that for what it is) that only 3 Clarksville schools have beaten HC in the last 9 years.

That HC team was young & Reeves Maybin is the best player I've seen from Clarksville in many years and the most talented opponent HC has faced in recent years..   

Dd,

I'm not suggesting anything. If it was me I would play every game for four quarters as if my life depended on it. But that is why I would not make a good HS coach. There is strategy to winning in the playoffs, and I am still not sold that Springfield is a good enough team to make it out of the 1st round.

My Cats will be playing for pride come Thursday night against a better Jacket team and regardless of the outcome, I hope the Jackets bring the house and play their best game. We want nothing less.

So for all you Jackets faithful. You better bring your best game, because there are many teams (to include Henry County) that have been upset by Coach Isaac Shelby.

Some Henry County (fans) are more upset with Isaac Shelby than upset by him. The cramp game, pulling starters early in a still winnable game with Kenwood last year. questionable tactics...

Can't argue with statement 2.

I read in the leaf chronicle (take that for what it is) that only 3 Clarksville schools have beaten HC in the last 9 years.

That HC team was young & Reeves Maybin is the best player I've seen from Clarksville in many years and the most talented opponent HC has faced in recent years..   

Hey, BW, did you miss the HC-Beech game in 2012, Hurd's junior year? Would have sworn I saw you there.

GO BIG RED

Pilgrim,

You said earlier that your team would beat Springfield and now in you last post you said your season is about to end.  You sound like the old Indian who speaks with forked tongue.

Our chances of the playoffs are slim, even with a victory over Springfield.

I know some playoff projections still have us in, but I don't think they are right. We are tied with Kenwood over all (4-5) and in district (3-3). I would think their win over us would put them ahead of us. But who knows. 

Edited by Pilgrim