What are the best Private High School Wrestling programs in Middle Tn?

summerball

Easiest question of the year. Already answered but just in case you need more input,  the best Private ( it would still be best if you included publics ) program in middle TN, by far is Father Ryan. I suspect if put to a vote with coach t followers, it would be unanimous.

• Upvote 1

Easiest question of the year. Already answered but just in case you need more input,  the best Private ( it would still be best if you included publics ) program in middle TN, by far is Father Ryan. I suspect if put to a vote with coach t followers, it would be unanimous.

So True many times through the years... There's been a few exceptions, but not many. This upcoming season and many years to come,,, Kramer/Hamm's Wilson Central may have a thing or two to say about that.

• 3 weeks later...

So True many times through the years... There's been a few exceptions, but not many. This upcoming season and many years to come,,, Kramer/Hamm's Wilson Central may have a thing or two to say about that.

I know this is about private schools; however, Sommers brings up Wilson Central, which he always does, which is a public school that has open zoning.  Does open zoning qualify for private schools?  What exceptions have occurred?  What year will Wilson Central will be the best private school wrestling program?  What year was the exception?

Edited by facenthecrowd

So True, Face. My response was more to Maj if you go back and read... As strange as it may seem over the years, like not seeing color, I've never placed separation between public and private personally. I actually read this thread as... Best Team in Middle Tennessee, Not necessarily privates.

Ryan may be the best in the state actually, but Baylor, Wilson Central, Bradley, McCallie, Cleveland or sometimes Soddy,,, one of those could upend that, which to me makes wrestling even more fun to watch all season. Even better if it were more in line with Californians' set up.

As far as WC, if you wanted to compare their Culinary Arts classes with any school, hard to top... well ask Coach Kramer

Edited by Sommers

Why would anyone claim that Father Ryan is the top team in Middle Tennessee or the State of Tennessee this early in the season?  Anyone that has ever watched the Irish program knows that Pat Simpson truly could care less about anything except the 3rd weekend in February.  Simpson works his team all season to peak at the traditional state tournament.  No one will even have a clue as to what his lineup will be until after the FR Invitational as he wrestles 3-5 JV wrestlers in most every match & tournament early in the season.  If tradition holds true the FR lineup will not be established until the state duals.

I know this is about private schools; however, Sommers brings up Wilson Central, which he always does, which is a public school that has open zoning.  Does open zoning qualify for private schools?  What exceptions have occurred?  What year will Wilson Central will be the best private school wrestling program?  What year was the exception?

We had separation from private and public school because TSSAA was afraid of private schools recruiting. And that was not fair to the public schools. We all know that's why it happened. With Wilson Central being a open zoning school what's the difference in that and what the private schools used to do. Real public schools have zones the have to go by. If all public school had open zoning then WC would not be half as strong.