Fayetteville at Forrest

Buddha14

i have no problem with trash talking. But If the kids were saying racist things during the game Coach Palmer needs to have a talk with Coach K and get that kicked in the butt! There is no place anywhere for that crap. And I mean anywhere!! But if it's just trash talk, walk away and smile. There are kids that are gonna run that mouth but why would you try to "carry it on after the play or after the game". That's not smart! In today's world your gonna get ejected and sit a few games. Or suspended and sit a few games. Then the kid running that mouth wins because you let him in your head. You lose and your team loses because your not on the field where you should be helping them! I've told my boys since they were little, let the Talkers Talk, you play your game and smile. Now your in their head!!

Amen...Great Post

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post APSU gov. I'm the biggest Forrest fan around but I'm tired of our injury excuses. Bottom line is Huntland won the game that mattered. I do think the Forrest team will use the Fayetteville jamboree qtr as motivation. The Fayetteville players where the mouthiest bunch I've seen all year.

Welcome back ForrestRocket129. Wondered where you had been. Finally someone from Forrest with some common sense stepping back in.

Check your facts, Huntland actually drove down field the 1st series and scored then forrest answered with a score and both played back ups afterwards. With forrest winning 14-7...jamboree's mean nothing.

Correct. Posted the same the week of the Huntland game ...

Edited by PLAY4QRTS

Still shocked over the collapse by Fayetteville this season.

You and me both.  Future looks promising with so many freshmen and sophomores getting so much playing time.  Already talking about knocking off forrest and starting in the weigh room to get ready for next season.  Positive attitudes all around after this swing and a miss of a season.  Keep your heads up Tigers! 

You and me both. Future looks promising with so many freshmen and sophomores getting so much playing time. Already talking about knocking off forrest and starting in the weigh room to get ready for next season. Positive attitudes all around after this swing and a miss of a season. Keep your heads up Tigers!

You got the talking part right. That's something they certainly like to do! Unfortunantly, they have to play too. The Rockets will be ready, this one won't be as close as last year.

You and me both.  Future looks promising with so many freshmen and sophomores getting so much playing time.  Already talking about knocking off forrest and starting in the weigh room to get ready for next season.  Positive attitudes all around after this swing and a miss of a season.  Keep your heads up Tigers! 

Good luck Tigers!

You got the talking part right. That's something they certainly like to do! Unfortunantly, they have to play too. The Rockets will be ready, this one won't be as close as last year.

You crack me up Truth, but I won't get into that "I said, she said" bull with you. There is a difference between talking smack and just plain doggin' somebody.  We have always played with class, and that's a reflection of Coach Palmer and his staff.  Knock 'em down, help them get up, hit 'em again.  We'll see you tonight at 7.  Concession stand still doing cheese fries?  Yum. 

Good job Rockets! Hats off to the Fayettevile City boys. They played hard and with class the whole way through. A very young team with a lot of promise. Number 2 is going to be a beast! It's playoff time! Ready to make a run Rockets!

A tip of the hat to the forrest O-line.  They blasted holes for a pounding ground game that took control of the game early and often.  The few passes attempted kept us on our toes, only missing a couple and connecting on one forty-yarder that was nice.  Congratulations to a team that beat us on both sides of the ball.  Good luck in the playoffs!  Make the district proud.

FYI, #2 is a sophomore experiment on the offense.  Lots of promise to be sure!  Time to hit the weight room Tigers!  Maybe next year you could do something about the cold?  Lol!