District 10A Championship - CA @ NCS

NCSdad1962

It's just Coach Hood's way to tick off our fans, players,and coaches. As the game got more out of reach the attacks increased in intensity. This is really a case of bullying. NCS could have put up 60+ on CA, but they took the high road and just ran the clock with basic running plays.

CA will never have a great program with that clown as coach. Keep your clown and NCS will keep winning the District Title.

Right or wrong, I believe it is more of a case of a frustrated 16/17 year old kid than something the coach deliberately instructed him to do once the game was out of reach. I think it's ridiculous to assume a kid was instructed and cheered for by his coach to act in that manner.

Was it pleasant to watch? Absolutely not. Both of these coaches, as well as most high school coaches in general, have much more on the line than resorting to small victories like that.

Just my two cents.

Edited by TnColt88

Right or wrong, I believe it is more of a case of a frustrated 16/17 year old kid than something the coach deliberately instructed him to do once the game was out of reach. I think it's ridiculous to assume a kid was instructed and cheered for by his coach to act in that manner.

Was it pleasant to watch? Absolutely not. Both of these coaches, as well as most high school coaches in general, have much more on the line than resorting to small victories like that.

Just my two cents.

It's happened three years in a row. Making excuses just enables the bully.

It's happened three years in a row. Making excuses just enables the bully.

You're entitled to your opinion; and I respect it.

Again, just trying to put my perspective in that of a frusterated 17 year old boy.

Believe what you want, but I refuse to believe grown men with reputations and much more to worry about than football condone and teach that.

The coaches continue to allow it. That's the bottom line. A player, and it was several different ones tonight, blocks no one and goes right at the kicker. This starts with the first kick off of the game. Is the 16 year old already frustrated on the first kickoff?

You simply can't condone this happening over and over again. It is not by mistake. It is dirty and bad for the game.

The last kid to do it tonight was out of control. His own team mate had to knock him to the ground to end the play.

This has to fall on Coach Hood. 3 games in a row? That's not a kid getting frustrated. That's is players trying to injure their opponent.

Get the film. It can't reasonably be argued.

The coaches continue to allow it. That's the bottom line. A player, and it was several different ones tonight, blocks no one and goes right at the kicker. This starts with the first kick off of the game. Is the 16 year old already frustrated on the first kickoff?

You simply can't condone this happening over and over again. It is not by mistake. It is dirty and bad for the game.

The last kid to do it tonight was out of control. His own team mate had to knock him to the ground to end the play.

This has to fall on Coach Hood. 3 games in a row? That's not a kid getting frustrated. That's is players trying to injure their opponent.

Get the film. It can't reasonably be argued.

If there's no punching or kicking, and just hitting him clean then I don't see the problem. WC had a run of about four years where our kicker was the leading tackler on kickoffs. Kickers have to be accounted for too.
  • Upvote 2

I disagree with your logic pertaining to the situation regarding the kicker being blocked. The excessiveness is where we can meet in the middle. We are in 100% agreeance on that. However, I do not believe, as you clearly do, that simply blocking the kicker is a dirty play. He is one of eleven and has the same opportunity to tackle the ball carrier as anyone else.

Probably the last i will say of it. Agree to disagree, but no bitterness coming from me.

If there's no punching or kicking, and just hitting him clean then I don't see the problem. WC had a run of about four years where our kicker was the leading tackler on kickoffs. Kickers have to be accounted for too.

This is all I am trying to point out. A kid can be coached to block the kicker. How he goes about it, which we all agree was excessive late, is on the kid.

Again, I do not agree with the extra curriculars towards the end, but I refuse to believe blocking a would be tackler is "dirty" or "bad for the game".

This is all I am trying to point out. A kid can be coached to block the kicker. How he goes about it, which we all agree was excessive late, is on the kid.

Again, I do not agree with the extra curriculars towards the end, but I refuse to believe blocking a would be tackler is "dirty" or "bad for the game".

Blocking does not consist of grapping, tackling, punching, and holding onto the kicker. The receiving team is on offense, they aren't supposed to be tackling and all the other crap. If you want to block the kicker then by all means block the kicker. What's been going on is targeting the kicker not blocking the kicker. CA doesn't do this to the other teams it plays. 

So you've seen a lot of other coaches employ the same tactic?  Send a goon from different places on the front line so the kicker does not know where it's coming from.  And make sure he's looking the other way before engaging in the "blocking".  Coach Hood gets my vote for Coach of the Year.  He's a genius.

So you've seen a lot of other coaches employ the same tactic?  Send a goon from different places on the front line so the kicker does not know where it's coming from.  And make sure he's looking the other way before engaging in the "blocking".  Coach Hood gets my vote for Coach of the Year.  He's a genius.

Agree to disagree brothers. Good luck in the playoffs!

made it up for the game tonight and sat with the CA bunch.  i specifically watched the kicker every kickoff for NCS.  Last year was over the top , they sent 2 guys at times and really appeared to try and hurt the kid.. this year not so much. they sent one guy at the kicker.  it is awkward cause the kicker hangs back so far that you have an extended time to block him.  it is just a weird situation for the kids to be in. CA ran a kickoff back for a td . on that runback the CA guy just ran up and faced off with the kicker. they didnt hit they just stood there looking at each other. when it was apparent that the runner was breaking it , the kicker then tried to run over and make a tackle.  he didnt get there in time , so asssigining a guy to block him was the right thing to do.  The one kid from CA lost his cool but the kicker cant be left alone to make a play just because he is small and a kicker.  Go hit him if he gets up hit him again but when whistle blows you might want to stop. dont make one of your own players have to tackle you as the kicker runs towards his own sideline 10 seconds after whistle has blown.