District 10A Championship - CA @ NCS

NCSdad1962

Hey 1962,  this is how I see things shaking out for the quads. South Fulton will earn a wildcard spot with a victory this week putting them in quad 4, which in turn will eliminate Moore County. Someone from quad 2 will be pushed to quad 3 because it looks as though 7 will qualify for the playoffs in quad 1. The team that gets moved from quad 1 to quad 2 might have a bearing on what team from quad 2 has to be moved to quad 3.  Gonna come down to how the TSSAA draws up the map. I hope this post doesn't confuse what's already a confusing situation. Come Saturday morning the much anticipated playoff bracket will tell the tale.

Anyways, I expect NCS to win this one and good luck. 

Thank you sir.  Good luck to you guys too.  I think a shudder would go through 1A if you take down MC.  It would prove what we've all been waiting for......SP to put it in gear come playoff time.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I understand what you are saying. And, of course, we are hoping to get another shot at UC. But you have to admit that a lot of the penciling in is coming from outside people. I don't really have much control over what The Ambassador or other posters say about NCS. No one gave us a chance of beating East Nashville but once it happened I think a statement was made. Don't know if you have access to that game on Hudl or not but I know that you are one of the most knowledgeable people on here. Curious to see what you think if you can watch it. I've never seen a more dominant defensive performance than we had in that game. It seriously looked like we were playing a JV squad.

I wasn't posting that being a jerk and I agree that most of the comments have come from the outside. Most of you ncs fans havnt said much about anything past the team your playing that week, but what that's done is put a big bullseye on your team. As for the jamboree I agree that that's all it was but give me an honest answer, do you think at least the first couple of drives were just practice or do you think WC was healthy and just a little better? Good luck to y'all this week, but I don't think y'all will need luck!

I wasn't posting that being a jerk and I agree that most of the comments have come from the outside. Most of you ncs fans havnt said much about anything past the team your playing that week, but what that's done is put a big bullseye on your team. As for the jamboree I agree that that's all it was but give me an honest answer, do you think at least the first couple of drives were just practice or do you think WC was healthy and just a little better? Good luck to y'all this week, but I don't think y'all will need luck!

I know you weren't trying to be a jerk.  I think your posts (mine too) are pretty obvious when we're trying to be jerks.  Like I've said before, I'm not a good judge of how one team looks against another (especailly in the trenches).  You guys certainly looked like a team we won't want to play in the playoffs - thought the same thing at the CA game.

I know you weren't trying to be a jerk. I think your posts (mine too) are pretty obvious when we're trying to be jerks. Like I've said before, I'm not a good judge of how one team looks against another (especailly in the trenches). You guys certainly looked like a team we won't want to play in the playoffs - thought the same thing at the CA game.

Be careful with that ca stuff, it gets confusing on here. I really hope to get to play them again in the playoffs, it's a long ride home after a game like that but I think it made our boys better. A regular season loss isn't always a bad thing.

Quick question for the CA folks.......

Do any of you know gtripledip?  Very unusual for him to not be on here - it's been over a week.  Is he active military?  Did he get deployed?

He might be hiding out after making the thread that some CA players lead the state in stats. Don't think he realized that not every team reports. Still think it is going to be a battle Friday night.

Edited by RodNReel

Still think it is going to be a battle Friday night.

I just can't imagine that CA is anywhere near as good as East Nashville. Our defense put on the most dominating display I've ever seen. I'm not saying we are going to shut CA out but do you realize what 0 first downs and 7 yards total offense look like? I sat there all night waiting for the big play that would get East back into that game. We turned the ball over on a fumbled punt that I thought was going to be the momentum changer. Our D just continued its total domination and it was obvious East just couldn't move the ball on the ground or in the air. Our execution made it look like we were playing a JV team. And that's the team that had been scoring 40 points on every 3A team they played.

A little fuel for this discussion.  

Video from 2nd Round TSSAA Playoff Nov 9th 2012. 

Side note/personal opinion so take it for what ot is worth: I get to watch a mixture of all classifications here in the mid TN area and I can say from side line comparisons of 6A down to 1A football teams.   I have seen a couple 6A schools that NCS would probably beat.  The depth of bench would be a challenge for NCS to overcome with the larger schools as they have a few athletes that would complete and be good at any classification.  They would be obvious underdogs with all the teams on the recent Tennessean Top 10 But they could possibly upset one of these top teams unlikely but possible. 

I see NCS mercy rule Clarksville Academy.  And then again couple weeks later in the Playoffs.  

A lot is being said about NCS defense, but what about the offense? Offense seems to be CA's strength. Going to be a good game tomorrow night by two well coached teams. May come down to who makes less mistakes and officiating. Don't see a mercy rule. Do see the two meeting again in the 2nd round.  

Edited by RodNReel

A lot is being said about NCS defense, but what about the offense? Offense seems to be CA's strength. Going to be a good game tomorrow night by two well coached teams. May come down to who makes less mistakes and officiating. Don't see a mercy rule. Do see the two meeting again in the 2nd round.

I'm obviously not privy to any game planning but I fully expect the offense to revert back to the wide open style we used until last week. If CA can slow down our offense, I'll be shocked and the first to tip my hat.

I hope the officiating doesn't play into this one at all.

A lot is being said about NCS defense, but what about the offense? Offense seems to be CA's strength. Going to be a good game tomorrow night by two well coached teams. May come down to who makes less mistakes and officiating. Don't see a mercy rule. Do see the two meeting again in the 2nd round.  

Offense was Columbia Academy's strength last year in the playoffs...that game ended with a running clock to start the second half. Not to mention, the defense from last years team really doesn't compare to the group on the field this year. Most are the same players, but the preparation and improvement is incredible.  I think you are simply comparing what you saw this year in your meetings with both teams.

As the handicappers say, you can move on this one like its already been played. This one may be close for a short time, but not for long. The Academy is in for a long night.

A little fuel for this discussion.

Video from 2nd Round TSSAA Playoff Nov 9th 2012.

Side note/personal opinion so take it for what ot is worth: I get to watch a mixture of all classifications here in the mid TN area and I can say from side line comparisons of 6A down to 1A football teams. I have seen a couple 6A schools that NCS would probably beat. The depth of bench would be a challenge for NCS to overcome with the larger schools as they have a few athletes that would complete and be good at any classification. They would be obvious underdogs with all the teams on the recent Tennessean Top 10 But they could possibly upset one of these top teams unlikely but possible.

I see NCS mercy rule Clarksville Academy. And then again couple weeks later in the Playoffs.

Love the Metallica tune. Funny to see how some of those guys that were sophomores and freshmen are a little bigger now.