District 10A Championship - CA @ NCS

NCSdad1962

If you want to look back at one of my previous posts where I stated that there was no doubt that NCS was a very good team and better than CA, would you realize that no I'm not a hater, I am however, along with everyone else, stating my opinion. And yes I would be proud of my school was ranked in that list, but I would not use that as ammunition to attempt to criticize another school despite them also having a great season.

Once again, you are making stuff up.  Because I linked to an article that congratulates our boys on a good season, that is somehow ammunition to criticize another school?  Go back to the other thread and watch the youtube videos and you'll see all the ammunition we need to root for a lopsided win Friday night.  It's plain and simple.  Had those attacks not occurred we wouldn't be singling out CA as the district team we most want to beat.

I agree with you in the fact that the player spearing your kicker into the ground was completely unnecessary and should have been flagged, but the original block was a good clean block. If the kicker is allowed to tackle the ball carrier, why should he not be blocked? 

No reason to go into that again - it will just result in this thread getting locked.  Since you are a late-comer to all of this, you will have to do some digging around on other threads to get up to speed.  And I'm assuming you already know the answer to your question.  

Edited by NCSdad1962

I am very up to speed on the topic and was just asking a question. 

You are not up to speed if you are asking the question.  It has all been discussed before.  The answer is obvious.

This will all get sorted out on the field Friday night.  One team will score a lot more points than the other  ;)

Edited by NCSdad1962

I think the whole problem everybody has with NCS is the fact that everybody already has them penciled in to play UC in the semis, and even Cookeville. There's no doubt they are good but there's several teams that are going to have to be dealt with before either happens. I'm not a hater but I watched NCS play at Cwood last year and take away two players and they were average at best. Are they that much better this year? We all sit and listen about all these d1 players but also sit and watched a bunch of corn fed country boys completely dominate their line in the jamboree. NCS may win it all and I'll be the first to congratulate the team, but if you want everybody's respect then go win it, because until you do your just another team.

Edited by wildcat89

Something I wanted to say, I went back and read some of the previous post of the supporters Nashville Christian. Granted one never knows if the posters are a parent, kid or just someone not connected just trying to cause chaos. Some are quite rude, vicious and could be called bashing. If someone was considering enrolling there child in NCS and read these they might reconsider. Especially if they were looking for a "Christian" Enviroment. Also you you are a NCS supporter and someone makes an absurd comment that you disagree with, call them out! It's just not this thead or the school your playing on Friday, the negative comments have been made about most schools that you play each week with a few exceptions. I say clean it up and let the boys enjoy the game. If you disagree with some you don't have to talk about there grammar, heritage or call them names! Don't get over zealous and lose your bearing. Just something to think about. Have a good game on Friday.

• Upvote 1

I think the whole problem everybody has with NCS is the fact that everybody already has them penciled in to play UC in the semis, and even Cookeville. There's no doubt they are good but there's several teams that are going to have to be dealt with before either happens. I'm not a hater but I watched NCS play at Cwood last year and take away two players and they were average at best. Are they that much better this year? We all sit and listen about all these d1 players but also sit and watched a bunch of corn fed country boys completely dominate their line in the jamboree. NCS may win it all and I'll be the first to congratulate the team, but if you want everybody's respect then go win it, because until you do your just another team.

The Collinwood game was the year before last. I do agree with you that it will not necessarily be an easy road for NCS come playoff time. Every team has to earn the right to move to the next round and every team thinks they deserve it more. However, if you are judging this NCS team based on a jamboree game then you need to realize that preseason games are just practice. Most teams don't put everything out there in practice games. No doubt your team has has a great season as well and maybe we'll meet up in post season when the games are more meaningful. Best wishes to you guys for a healthy rest of the year.

Something I wanted to say, I went back and read some of the previous post of the supporters Nashville Christian. Granted one never knows if the posters are a parent, kid or just someone not connected just trying to cause chaos. Some are quite rude, vicious and could be called bashing. If someone was considering enrolling there child in NCS and read these they might reconsider. Especially if they were looking for a "Christian" Enviroment. Also you you are a NCS supporter and someone makes an absurd comment that you disagree with, call them out! It's just not this thead or the school your playing on Friday, the negative comments have been made about most schools that you play each week with a few exceptions. I say clean it up and let the boys enjoy the game. If you disagree with some you don't have to talk about there grammar, heritage or call them names! Don't get over zealous and lose your bearing. Just something to think about. Have a good game on Friday.

Here we go again......  You realize we are just having fun on here, right?  Browse through some other threads (I'd suggest Collinwood, South Pitt, Wayne County).  The comments are in good fun.  We are all just overweight middle-age has-beens having a little fun.  You want to see some really nasty stuff?  Grab your kid's phone and ask him to show you the twitter conversations going on about these games  :popcorneater:

Sounds like you are a bit overly sensitive or just not following along very well.  

And comments about heritage?  You'll need a concrete example of that or you've just lost all credibility.  If you find one, then I'm sorry for not seeing it before.  But I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.  

Both NCS and Columbia Academy will get byes.  There's a very good chance Clarksville Academy (or Wayne County) will get moved from Quad 3 to Quad 4.  Do a little poking around on here and you'll see discussion of the possibilities of someone getting moved from 3 to 4.

Hey 1962,  this is how I see things shaking out for the quads. South Fulton will earn a wildcard spot with a victory this week putting them in quad 4, which in turn will eliminate Moore County. Someone from quad 2 will be pushed to quad 3 because it looks as though 7 will qualify for the playoffs in quad 1. The team that gets moved from quad 1 to quad 2 might have a bearing on what team from quad 2 has to be moved to quad 3.  Gonna come down to how the TSSAA draws up the map. I hope this post doesn't confuse what's already a confusing situation. Come Saturday morning the much anticipated playoff bracket will tell the tale.

Anyways, I expect NCS to win this one and good luck. 

• Upvote 1

I understand what you are saying.  And, of course, we are hoping to get another shot at UC.  But you have to admit that a lot of the penciling in is coming from outside people.  I don't really have much control over what The Ambassador or other posters say about NCS.  No one gave us a chance of beating East Nashville but once it happened I think a statement was made.  Don't know if you have access to that game on Hudl or not but I know that you are one of the most knowledgeable people on here.  Curious to see what you think if you can watch it.  I've never seen a more dominant defensive performance than we had in that game.  It seriously looked like we were playing a JV squad.