4-AAA Predictions

AHSBBALL

I didn't say anything about maryville. I said they could get second place. I mean let's be honest. Our district as yours, has one really good team, and a bunch of average teams, and a bunch of bad teams. I think no matter where bearden finishes, their better than the second best team in 3AAA. Plus, you don't know what teams are going to have when you schedule in advance, unless you schedule coalfield or Oakdale 2-3 times. As you said without the injury Scott may have beaten bearden, and they still have won 7 games.

Our district has a bunch of good teams, as does yours, it's early in the season and coaches are still trying to get football players in shape.  Catholic tried to get Bearden to play but Blevins wanted to play in November when most of the team was still playing football.  Selective scheduling on the Bulldogs part.  Wouldn't you like to see them play Campbell County in January when the football guys have their hoop leg under them? I wasn't trying to down play the teams Bearden play (and Blevins is a really good coach who gets the most out of his teams), eventually the teams will find their rotation and players will step up and compete. 

Bearden beat LC by 39 last night. LC was 5-1. I'm telling you guys bearden is solid. If the Fair kid can give them some offense this team can be pretty good. What about Farragut beating heritage? Was that a surprise or With the seniors were that expected to win?

Chris Cool is a good coach and prepares and schemes for teams very well.  I would call it an upset if ti was at heritage

Guest bketterl

Been watching a lot of varsity Bearden basketball this year, mainly because my son is on the freshman team. Blevins really has the team hustling and there has only been I think two relatively close games. The team has a lot of different contributors and some nights there is an even balance. Blevins says they don't have as much talent as they did say, three years ago (Ty Greene era), so they work harder. Really hard. The kids are in better shape now than most teams will be at the end of the season. I do know they picked up three transfers on the freshman team, but I don't think there were any at the varsity level. I think one decent player transferred in who is playing JV.  I'm looking forward to the next four years. 

Been watching a lot of varsity Bearden basketball this year, mainly because my son is on the freshman team. Blevins really has the team hustling and there has only been I think two relatively close games. The team has a lot of different contributors and some nights there is an even balance. Blevins says they don't have as much talent as they did say, three years ago (Ty Greene era), so they work harder. Really hard. The kids are in better shape now than most teams will be at the end of the season. I do know they picked up three transfers on the freshman team, but I don't think there were any at the varsity level. I think one decent player transferred in who is playing JV.  I'm looking forward to the next four years.

I've seen bearden play CC twice this season. I think the CC team plays harder than any CC team I can remember and Toress and Gillenwater are good players and bearden has manhandled them both times. I've been telling people bearden is legit, but they keep waiting to see? Well there 10-0. And IMO they won't be playing their best till after Christmas, as some of the younger kids turn into sophomore s and juniors, if u know what I mean. I like the make up of your team. Good luck.

Guest bketterl

They're not senior heavy either. I think they only start one senior. Three are juniors and one is a freshman. There are quite a bit of quality sophomores and two other freshman play JV and sit the bench for varsity. They've got two tall freshman 6'5" and 6'6" and those boys aren't done growing, but need to fill out some. As long as Blevins is around in the next four years, expect Bearden to be on or around the top of the district. I've seen Blevins speak and I've seen his starts. He's averaged 28 wins per seen (obviously no just district games). He's object is taking the boys to states. 

Blevins substitutes early and quite a bit to keep the kids fresh and he really, Really pushes them to hustle. They sprint to the bench when subbed. They sprint to the locker room at half time and after they shake hands. In fact, I've seen him during a timeout, make a kid run across the court and touch the foul tine and sprint back. In the middle of a game. 

Edited by bketterl

They're not senior heavy either. I think they only start one senior. Three are juniors and one is a freshman. There are quite a bit of quality sophomores and two other freshman play JV and sit the bench for varsity. They've got two tall freshman 6'5" and 6'6" and those boys aren't done growing, but need to fill out some. As long as Blevins is around in the next four years, expect Bearden to be on or around the top of the district. I've seen Blevins speak and I've seen his starts. He's averaged 28 wins per seen (obviously no just district games). He's object is taking the boys to states. 

Blevins substitutes early and quite a bit to keep the kids fresh and he really, Really pushes them to hustle. They sprint to the bench when subbed. They spring to the locker room at half time and after they shake hands. In fact, I've seen him during a timeout, make a kid run across the court and touch the foul tine and sprint back. In the middle of a game.

lol. Yea I saw him do that in the CC tourney during a timeout. Old school still works as long as the mommys and daddy's can handle it.

Guest bketterl

lol. Yea I saw him do that in the CC tourney during a timeout. Old school still works as long as the mommys and daddy's can handle it.

Yup, that's true. I've heard he's  lost some good kids because they can't handle his tactics. He doesn't care though. He'll get by.

Since the football just wrapped up in Cookeville, I'm having to play catch up from this past Thurs/Friday games:

Bearden beat West 61-43

Farragut beat HV 75-71

WB beat Loudon 69-57

BHS   (2-0) 10-0

FHS   (2-0) 7-0

MHS   (1-0) 3-2

HVA   (1-1) 6-3

HHS   (0-1) 7-1

LC      (0-1) 5-2

WB     (0-1) 4-4

West  (0-2) 3-4

This week's games:

Tues 12-9

Bearden @ Wm Blount

HVA @ LC

Maryville @ Farragut

Heritage @ West

Fri 12-12

Bearden @ HVA

Wm Blount @ Heritage

LC @ Maryville

FHS vs Elizabethton @ SHHS

FHS vs Science Hill @ SHHS (Sat 12-13)

West @ Cleveland (Sat 12-13)

CONGRATS TO WEST & MARYVILLE FOR BRINGING THE 5A/6A FOOTBALL STATE TITLES BACK TO DISTRICT 4 THIS WEEKEND!!

Since the football just wrapped up in Cookeville, I'm having to play catch up from this past Thurs/Friday games:

Bearden beat West 61-43

Farragut beat HV 75-71

WB beat Loudon 69-57

BHS   (2-0) 10-0

FHS   (2-0) 7-0

MHS   (1-0) 3-2

HVA   (1-1) 6-3

HHS   (0-1) 7-1

LC      (0-1) 5-2

WB     (0-1) 4-4

West  (0-2) 3-4

This week's games:

Tues 12-9

Bearden @ Wm Blount

HVA @ LC

Maryville @ Farragut

Heritage @ West

Fri 12-12

Bearden @ HVA

Wm Blount @ Heritage

LC @ Maryville

FHS vs Elizabethton @ SHHS

FHS vs Science Hill @ SHHS (Sat 12-13)

West @ Cleveland (Sat 12-13)

CONGRATS TO WEST & MARYVILLE FOR BRINGING THE 5A/6A FOOTBALL STATE TITLES BACK TO DISTRICT 4 THIS WEEKEND!!

First of all, yes, congrats to maryville and West. What a thrill for those kids.

Now I'll take bearden, HVA, maryville and heritage Tuesday.

Friday/Saturday., I'll take maryville, Farragut over elizabethton, science hill over Farragut, and Cleveland over West.