4-AAA Predictions

AHSBBALL

Guest bketterl

Bearden ran William Blount off the court last night. I think it was close at the end of the first quarter, but that was about it. They play Hardin Valley at HV on Friday. Should be a good game, I plan on being there. Farragut lost to Maryville as well. Surprised at that honestly. 

This week's games:

Tues 12-9

Bearden @ Wm Blount

HVA @ LC

Maryville @ Farragut

Heritage @ West

Fri 12-12

Bearden @ HVA

Wm Blount @ Heritage

LC @ Maryville

FHS vs Elizabethton @ SHHS

FHS vs Science Hill @ SHHS (Sat 12-13)

West @ Cleveland (Sat 12-13)

Tuesday scores:

BHS beat WB 71-39

MHS beat FHS 56-46

HVA beat LC 87-61

West beat HHS 50-43

Bearden ran William Blount off the court last night. I think it was close at the end of the first quarter, but that was about it. They play Hardin Valley at HV on Friday. Should be a good game, I plan on being there. Farragut lost to Maryville as well. Surprised at that honestly.

Maybe after bearden beat HVA Friday people will believe me on how good this team can be by seasons end.

Surprised Farragut lost to Maryville????

The Upchurch kids at guard for Maryville are real good.  #0 had 19 last night.  Maryville started strong building a 24-9 lead early.  They move the ball around exceptionally well and don't turn the ball over much.  They play many guards right now at this point in the year.  Blackmon and Miller combined for 9 points coming back from football.  Farragut made a run and closed to within 5 in the 3rd quarter, but Maryville finished better in the 4th making a few more shots and hitting free throws.  Farragut has a chance to be pretty good as well.  They have a lot of older guys that compete and play really well together.  

Maryville @ Farrugut:

Maryville was up 15pts early in 1st. Coach started substituting freely early and rotated all the football players in a lot. Team seems to play together well . I suppose the Coach is trying to get everybody a lot of court time now and that will be important come nut cutting time.Maryville was clearly the better team. This team will be tough to beat come January

Bearden has gotten in some transfers but they do not impact the varsity. The varsity is solid across the board. They start fair, a jr and a freshman McGowan who in my opinion could end up being one of the best guard tandem I have seen in a while. Then throw in big jason and Phillips and Duncan this team is very tough to beat. What I really like is this team play hard and there is a never give up attitude and with Blevins at the helm everyone better watch this team. They may not have the talent of the past but they are tough and in shape, and care about each other.

Guest bketterl

Bearden has gotten in some transfers but they do not impact the varsity. The varsity is solid across the board. They start fair, a jr and a freshman McGowan who in my opinion could end up being one of the best guard tandem I have seen in a while. Then throw in big jason and Phillips and Duncan this team is very tough to beat. What I really like is this team play hard and there is a never give up attitude and with Blevins at the helm everyone better watch this team. They may not have the talent of the past but they are tough and in shape, and care about each other.

Definitely agree with this statement. Jason has had a few 30+ games and McCowan has definitely been an asset, even as a freshman. Fair, even at 5'*' has had some great games - point and steals.They gel well as a team, in the true sense of it, they seem pretty tight on and off the court. It's definitely fun to watch these guys and will be for the next few years to come.