4-AAA Predictions

AHSBBALL

Heritage looked good in the jamboree (which doesn't really mean much, I know).  They may have been the only team at full strength.  WB, Maryville, and Alcoa were all playing with depleted rosters (Maryville & Alcoa because of football, WB had three of their best players in street clothes due to injury).

If / when the Governors get everyone healthy, they will be competitive with most everyone in their district I think.  Unfortunately, it will probably be January at the earliest before that happens.  I do believe WB will have one of the best freshmen in the district this year.

Very impressive win to open season by Maryville over Jefferson County 70-68. Maryville shot the lights out and led the whole game but held on for dear life down the stretch.The Upchurch brothers who moved in from Mississippi are going to be great additions to the program. Headrick, Petree, and Tallent also looked greatly improved from last year.

Gotta give Jefferson County some credit, too. I know they went to state last year and they have a good shot to make it this year, too. Most teams would have lost by 25+ against Maryville the way the Rebels shot it tonight but Maryville couldn't stop Jeff County in the paint at all. Rebels will be better inside when they get Bryce Miller back from football but they are going to be a perimeter oriented team for sure this year.

Edited by Norman Dale

Very impressive win to open season by Maryville over Jefferson County 70-68. Maryville shot the lights out and led the whole game but held on for dear life down the stretch.The Upchurch brothers who moved in from Mississippi are going to be great additions to the program. Headrick, Petree, and Tallent also looked greatly improved from last year.

Gotta give Jefferson County some credit, too. I know they went to state last year and they have a good shot to make it this year, too. Most teams would have lost by 25+ against Maryville the way the Rebels shot it tonight but Maryville couldn't stop Jeff County in the paint at all. Rebels will be better inside when they get Bryce Miller back from football but they are going to be a perimeter oriented team for sure this year.

Yeah Norman Dale,

Not sure everyone realizes the significance of the Rebel's win last night.  JC is tough competition (I would assume they were at full strength) and Maryville is going to improve a lot once football is over.  Did you get a chance to see the Lowe kid for Maryville?  He's gonna be a good one in time!!!

Yeah Norman Dale,

Not sure everyone realizes the significance of the Rebel's win last night. JC is tough competition (I would assume they were at full strength) and Maryville is going to improve a lot once football is over. Did you get a chance to see the Lowe kid for Maryville? He's gonna be a good one in time!!!

Gov

November victories on the hardwood are never going to garner much attention in Maryville. That's not a criticism, just a fact. But that definitely was a big win for the program last night. Jefferson County is very good.

Spencer looked very good. Jefferson County has an outstanding 6-6 post player named Bryant. Spencer did a good job of containing him while he was in the game and he also had a very nice put back which resulted in a three-point play. He definitely looks like he will be a key contributor for the next three years.

Edited by Norman Dale

Maryville looks like a solid team...Really need to be more aggresive attacking the basketball on the defensive end and stay in front of their men....The Upchurch Boys from Mississippi are major factors for this team...Both play good D and get after the Basketball...Good Shooters...Good Passers...All the Players seem to be good teammates...Seem to be well Coached....Good Luck to Them All