William Blount 2015

Governm

Wow, I don't look at the thread for a couple days and look what happens! So far I really like what Shad is doing and the way he leads the boys. Practice is well organized. Nobody is standing around not learning. He demands excellence. He also leads them spiritually which is very important to me, and should be to all of us. As I said before, sounds like there was a personality difference at the former school and then someone tried to accuse him of illegality when there was none just out of spite.

Wow, I don't look at the thread for a couple days and look what happens! So far I really like what Shad is doing and the way he leads the boys. Practice is well organized. Nobody is standing around not learning. He demands excellence. He also leads them spiritually which is very important to me, and should be to all of us. As I said before, sounds like there was a personality difference at the former school and then someone tried to accuse him of illegality when there was none just out of spite.

Scott, for the very reasons you have stated above, were some of the same ones that I truly fought for Coach Shadowens to keep his job here. I had to ask myself  few months ago why this all happened and was still happening. I can say Coach Shadowens came to Blackman at a time that there was little pride or hope in the program. He and the staff he assembled, did an amazing job, and truly turned it around. It was something the, school, kids and community all needed. I see his move to William Blount as a much higher calling than that of just coaching a bunch of kids up. There are some kids, families and parts of the community that will truly be blessed by he and his family being there. Good luck to the Govs, I know they are in for a heck of a season and I can't wait to hear all the good things going on there. 

Edited by Blaze45

Hey Govs, I was offering my Congrats to you and the new great coaches at WB!

You keep saying that.... We get it..... But you know what? It doesn't change the fact that the Govs looked 10 times better than they did at any point last season. I don't care how weak Cleveland supposedly is. The Govs showed up and dominated and gave it 110%. They were excited and acted like they wanted to be there. This is a complete 180 from the team that showed up to scrimmage Catholic last spring where we had players slinging helmets and asking coaches when the scrimmage was going to be over. We have come light years from where we were last year just from an effort standpoint. And you also have to remember that our defense didn't even perform well against bad teams last year. We gave up 54 points to a very mediocre Soddy Daisy team last year in a scrimmage and we dominated Cleveland in that scrimmage. The score was 4-2 but that's deceptive because Cleveland probably would not have scored at all if the scrimmage had been run like a real game. It took them like half an hour to drive for their 1st score and we scored our 1st TD on our 2nd play on offense. So say what you want but the Govs looked good and we have lots of reasons to be excited for this season. Edited by Governors91