Gordonsville at Wayne County

TigerTown8412

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does WC still run the split veer. I love that offense. We ran it a few years ago.

That offense worries me.

As said earlier, at times, there have been some players for Gville that looked really good, but they've not been consistent.

We have talent, but there's been injuries and other things that contributed to our lack of success.

We have a QB that can sling it, a couple of RB's that's not big but run hard, a LB that has more heart than anyone I've seen, a couple of WR's that could be as talented as anyone. We've just not put it all together in a game yet.

We have some talented freshmen that play a lot, mostly out of necessity. I'm anxious to see how they perform.

Plus, I've never been to Wayne County. I look forward to that.

But, I will go on the record as saying it's a sham that we're in quad 3 and a 6th seed, when quad 2 has two teams that we've beaten in it, and one gets a home game.

This system sucks.

I'm glad it's going back to the old way next year.

Does WC still run the split veer. I love that offense. We ran it a few years ago.

That offense worries me.

As said earlier, at times, there have been some players for Gville that looked really good, but they've not been consistent.

We have talent, but there's been injuries and other things that contributed to our lack of success.

We have a QB that can sling it, a couple of RB's that's not big but run hard, a LB that has more heart than anyone I've seen, a couple of WR's that could be as talented as anyone. We've just not put it all together in a game yet.

We have some talented freshmen that play a lot, mostly out of necessity. I'm anxious to see how they perform.

Plus, I've never been to Wayne County. I look forward to that.

But, I will go on the record as saying it's a sham that we're in quad 3 and a 6th seed, when quad 2 has two teams that we've beaten in it, and one gets a home game.

This system sucks.

I'm glad it's going back to the old way next year.

WC still runs the veer and have two backs and a qb that can outrun defenders and can just run them over, all are over 200 pounds. Glad your looking forward to making the trip, you'll find nothing but down home country folks that love football and you'll be greeted well. Like someone said earlier better dress warm it gets cold down by the creek! WC will also sling the ball around as the youngest of the Rice brothers is at qb and has a great arm with a few really good receivers so it makes it hard to crowd the box to stop the run, if Rice sees one on one receivers he can burn you deep. Not saying any of this in a bragging way just getting you caught up on what to expect. WC also gets Skelton back at defensive end this week after breaking his leg several weeks back. And as for freshman WC has one that sees a lot of playing time and is the backup qb, very quick. Looking forward to Friday! Edited by wildcat89