Gordonsville at Wayne County

TigerTown8412

This is a great matchup. The '11 and '12 State Champions meet in what I hear is a great venue. I'll go ahead and give the fine Wayne County folks a little breakdown of our team. We're extremely inconsistent, but I feel we will come ready to play this week because I feel these seniors care a lot. We run a mostly spread offense average o-line the QB has a cannon but doesn't have good accuracy. All of our offensive yards will come from either #27 or #2 27 is a strong running back that runs hard and 2 does a little bit of everything and is pretty fast. On defense we have a weak secondary but a pretty solid front 7. #5 at LB for will make just about every tackle unless double teamed. With that said, I'm fired up for Friday night it will be my first trip to Wayne Co. So I would welcome any food or driving advice. Go Tigers

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great matchup. The '11 and '12 State Champions meet in what I hear is a great venue. I'll go ahead and give the fine Wayne County folks a little breakdown of our team. We're extremely inconsistent, but I feel we will come ready to play this week because I feel these seniors care a lot. We run a mostly spread offense average o-line the QB has a cannon but doesn't have good accuracy. All of our offensive yards will come from either #27 or #2 27 is a strong running back that runs hard and 2 does a little bit of everything and is pretty fast. On defense we have a weak secondary but a pretty solid front 7. #5 at LB for will make just about every tackle unless double teamed. With that said, I'm fired up for Friday night it will be my first trip to Wayne Co. So I would welcome any food or driving advice. Go Tigers

Better bring some warm clothes, it gets cold down on green river which is right next to the field!  WC always brings a big crowd out, and I might add sometime a rowdy one too!  Lol  WC's team this year plays with a variety of age kids, all with alot of experience this year and some with several years of experience under their belt!  WC will be ready to play and will come out with intensity!  WC has 2 backs that have carried the load this year, and  3 more than can take it to the house on any play!  3 of them are over 200lbs with good speed and the others are fast and shifty which adds alot of versatility with our offense!  We are explosive on offense with a QB that throws very well, with several good receivers, and  runs the ball very well!  He will run over you if he has too, he is not afraid of contact, none of these ball carriers are!  Our Linemen are made up of mostly senoirs with alot of experience between them, watch #70 he is a difference maker up front!  We have  lost due to injury, several very good football players this year, and all of them have been starters, but just kept plugging players in and they keep on playing with a high level of intensity!   We have lots of young talent too that have stepped up and played when needed and we don't give them the respect they deserve!   If you want to get here early to eat, Emeralds on the square, or Tin Roof SteakHouse on the right coming into Wboro just off 64 hwy are 2 good spots to eat!   "GO CATS"

Better bring some warm clothes, it gets cold down on green river which is right next to the field! WC always brings a big crowd out, and I might add sometime a rowdy one too! Lol WC's team this year plays with a variety of age kids, all with alot of experience this year and some with several years of experience under their belt! WC will be ready to play and will come out with intensity! WC has 2 backs that have carried the load this year, and 3 more than can take it to the house on any play! 3 of them are over 200lbs with good speed and the others are fast and shifty which adds alot of versatility with our offense! We are explosive on offense with a QB that throws very well, with several good receivers, and runs the ball very well! He will run over you if he has too, he is not afraid of contact, none of these ball carriers are! Our Linemen are made up of mostly senoirs with alot of experience between them, watch #70 he is a difference maker up front! We have lost due to injury, several very good football players this year, and all of them have been starters, but just kept plugging players in and they keep on playing with a high level of intensity! We have lots of young talent too that have stepped up and played when needed and we don't give them the respect they deserve! If you want to get here early to eat, Emeralds on the square, or Tin Roof SteakHouse on the right coming into Wboro just off 64 hwy are 2 good spots to eat! "GO CATS"

You just saved me lots of typing, you nailed it!

Gville has been very inconsistent. We have some fine ballplayers, but it just hasn't come together this year.

Maybe it will this game.

I really don't expect a big crowd from Gville. The fan base is loyal and rowdy when they're good. When they're not, the apathy is embarrassing.

I expect to be there Friday, and I'm looking forward to it.

Gville has been very inconsistent. We have some fine ballplayers, but it just hasn't come together this year.

Maybe it will this game.

I really don't expect a big crowd from Gville. The fan base is loyal and rowdy when they're good. When they're not, the apathy is embarrassing.

I expect to be there Friday, and I'm looking forward to it.

Cant wait for this game to get here! Two very respected programs with classy coaches. It should be a hard fought game, look for WC to come out pounding the ball with 7,4 and 5. WC run game has been unstoppable this year except when they start turning it over or penalties. WC has played back to back games without a single turnover, I hope they carry that over to Friday night! If your planning on stopping by emeralds to eat I would recommend you allow plenty of time, it's a little slow but a great place to eat.

Cant wait for this game to get here! Two very respected programs with classy coaches. It should be a hard fought game, look for WC to come out pounding the ball with 7,4 and 5. WC run game has been unstoppable this year except when they start turning it over or penalties. WC has played back to back games without a single turnover, I hope they carry that over to Friday night! If your planning on stopping by emeralds to eat I would recommend you allow plenty of time, it's a little slow but a great place to eat.

I say this calls for a black out Friday night!  While we are at it, lets turn Gville lights out!  Lol!   "GO CATS"

Edited by IMAWCFAN