tssaa 2a playoff bracket

BDF36

it is the same rule that applies to all TSSAA sports.  It's fair and was properly applied.

Said nothing about the rule or its application, other than I don't personally agree with it. There were teams in the matrix that deserved to make the playoffs over BTW & Carver. Why should they be rewarded for finishing 3rd/4th in their district just because the top two teams were banned from postseason.

Said nothing about the rule or its application, other than I don't personally agree with it. There were teams in the matrix that deserved to make the playoffs over BTW & Carver. Why should they be rewarded for finishing 3rd/4th in their district just because the top two teams were banned from postseason.

Because the TSSAA says that each region gets representation in the playoffs

I promise that Huntingdon has never played an easy schedule! Westview, Milan, Camden, Union City out of conference. 3-3a quality teams and the 1a State Champs that's undefeated this season.

I'm a fan of this type of scheduling. My Boyd Bucs do the same. We are 5-5 but took care of business where it mattered to make the playoffs.

The padded schedule post was sarcasm in case anyone missed it.

Because the TSSAA says that each region gets representation in the playoffs

Once again, know what TSSAA says but don't agree with it. It is allowed to disagree with our governing body. Don't agree with rewarding teams in a district for what those above did to get them banned. Under this rule, if Wayne Co. & Loretto had been banned in the same way Collinwood & Perry Co. would be in the playoffs with 1-9 & 2-8 records. Course it was a rule that benefitted TCA.

Once again, know what TSSAA says but don't agree with it. It is allowed to disagree with our governing body. Don't agree with rewarding teams in a district for what those above did to get them banned. Under this rule, if Wayne Co. & Loretto had been banned in the same way Collinwood & Perry Co. would be in the playoffs with 1-9 & 2-8 records. Course it was a rule that benefitted TCA.

Didn't benefit us at all. Mitchell and Hillcrest were on the other side of the bracket and would have most likely lost before our round. Memphis 2A teams aren't that strong. Now basketball.....different story. State champion or runner up usually comes from that district.

Didn't benefit us at all. Mitchell and Hillcrest were on the other side of the bracket and would have most likely lost before our round. Memphis 2A teams aren't that strong. Now basketball.....different story. State champion or runner up usually comes from that district.

The benefit in replacing Hillcrest/Mitchell with BTW/Carver was that Adamsville still was bumped to Quad 3 and delayed that anticipated rematch by one round. Very familiar with Memphis basketball though I would include all of West Tennessee in the list of title contenders.

Adamsville was going to be Quad 3 regardless. It doesn't matter when we play them it has to happen eventually and it will be in our house again. I am very familiar with West Tn basketball as well and know UC and Lake County have been there as well but with Mitchell and BTW you can almost bet one if those will be state champion or runner up year in and year out.